StoppingPower.net Forums
Home
Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Mossberg Shock Wave?
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 The Shotgun Center
 Mossberg Shock Wave?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

revjen45
Advanced Member

2297 Posts

Posted - November 03 2018 :  7:51:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just saw the Walter Mittie bird's head shottie that actually arouses that desire for a totally impractical gun just because it so KEWL!
Black Aces Tactical just introduced their shorty type auto for about $450. Totally useless but I want one.
The next logical step is to mate the box magazine with the "Firearm" category smoothbore autoloader for a gun with SMG type short range firepower.

Better to perish in the struggle for freedom than live to see defeat.
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5426 Posts

Posted - November 03 2018 :  10:24:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had a guy in the store today, talking about doing the paperwork when he gets one. I don't want one, but hope to see it when it shows up. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

5243 Posts

Posted - November 04 2018 :  06:20:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A Mossie Shockwave with a brace is a handy little gun: 6 rds (12 or 20 ga.), 33Ē OAL, not hard to hit with even with the factory gold bead front sight (if you shoulder the brace).

With a red dot sight, it would be an awesome close-to-medium range weapon. Very practical for itís intended purpose, IMHO.

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish, that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast

Edited by - LittleBill on November 04 2018 06:21:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34384 Posts

Posted - November 05 2018 :  12:21:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like my AR pistol built by my USMC grandson

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Russ Larges

USA
2344 Posts

Posted - November 05 2018 :  6:20:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One thing I see on the Mossburg with a pistol grip and wrist brace is the safety would be hard to reach. Not so with the Remington.
Russ

The pistol, learn it well, carry it allways. Jeff Cooper
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

5243 Posts

Posted - November 05 2018 :  6:52:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
True: manipulating the safety requires shifting your grip.

Iíve developed the habit of pushing the safety off when I first pick up the gun, and keeping my finger off the trigger until Iím ready to shoot.

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish, that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Edited by - LittleBill on November 05 2018 6:52:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

5243 Posts

Posted - November 07 2018 :  07:12:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Russís comments got me thinking....

I discovered that itís also possible to hold the braced Mossie in a Ďconventionalí grip that allows you to manipulate the safety while maintaining a shooting grip: You wrap your shooting hand around the Mesa Tactical adator much as you would on a standard-stock shotgun: with your thumb circling the top of the receiver and resting just behind the safety, your trigger finger on the trigger, and the other 3 fingers of your shooting hand wrapped around the front of the pistol grip. Thereís enough distance between the rear of the trigger guard and the front of the pistol grip that allows you to grip it this way.

Iíd never tried holding it that way, but it works fine. Shooting it that way isnít noticeably different than shooting it with a Ďnormalí hold on the pistol grip.

Now I like it even more....

Edited by - LittleBill on November 07 2018 07:15:57 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.25seconds. Snitz Forums 2000