Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Ruger PC Carbine
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 The Rifle Rack
 Ruger PC Carbine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dov
Advanced Member

USA
2661 Posts

Posted - April 10 2018 :  5:47:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know when these should be on shelves of local gun Stores?

Im interested but want to handle one.
Go to Top of Page

gw
Advanced Member

4205 Posts

Posted - April 10 2018 :  7:14:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw on last week

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..."
Go to Top of Page

zeke
Average Member

263 Posts

Posted - April 11 2018 :  06:20:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found one yesterday, hopefully going to range today.
Go to Top of Page

zeke
Average Member

263 Posts

Posted - April 11 2018 :  7:03:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very easy recoil. Excellent peep sights that easily clear an Omega 9k, while maintaining reasonable sight alignment to bore axis. The sights were set right on (windage and elevation) for 115 loads and reasonably close to 147 plus p velocity loads. The last firearm I bought that was sighted in from the factory was a CZ 75b.

The muzzle threads were cut square to the bore, and correctly relieved at start of threading allowing suppressor to seat square. Fed a range of rounds from 115 target to 147 with no failures, until I switched from suppressed rounds to 115 target rounds. Gummed up enough to not allow picking up the next round, until full power rounds were put through it. Switched to glock mag insert, no trouble with stock Glock mags tried.

It appears to be a study gun, and expect the 124 gn plus p velocity rounds to approach 125 grainers from 4 in 357, but maybe wishful thinking?
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34298 Posts

Posted - April 11 2018 :  10:02:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been almost 30 years but I remember the Federal +P+ 115 gr jhp broke 1500 fps.

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Dov
Advanced Member

USA
2661 Posts

Posted - April 12 2018 :  12:59:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, might get chance to visit gun shop after doctor visit tomorrow.

From what Ive seen, beside the 115 BPLE or equivalent hitting 1500+ fps from SMG/Carbine like Evan mentioned, the +P 124's will do around 1400 fps.

Edited by - Dov on April 12 2018 01:00:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

zeke
Average Member

263 Posts

Posted - April 12 2018 :  07:52:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys-Thanks for velocity info. The hand loaded 147 grainers that get about 1020 fps from 4.5 in barrel were staying sub-sonic in the Ruger. The rifle allows adjusting length of pull with cheesy plastic spacers, but took them all out for about 12.5 inches. Not nearly as compact/light package as kel-tec folder, but just as accurate and seems a lot sturdier.
Go to Top of Page

oldmuleskinner

837 Posts

Posted - April 13 2018 :  7:31:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I knew better than to go into my favorite gun store today. They had just received 3 Ruger PC carbines and like a dummy, I just had to take a look at one.

It was love at first sight! When it came out of the box, it snuggled right up to me and started whispering in my ear. It was almost like an abandoned puppy, I just didn't feel right about not providing a good home for it.

Needless to say, about 15 minutes later, I loaded it into my car's trunk. I know that it will enjoy its new home...it will have lots of brothers and sisters to keep it company.

I am hoping that Ruger makes an adapter to utilize S&W M&P mags. If not, I'll be ok with just using the Glock mags that I already have in the safe.

Now I have to decide if it needs a red dot on top.

Each of us is an innkeeper, and we decide if there is room for Jesus.
Neal A. Maxwell
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5224 Posts

Posted - April 13 2018 :  9:25:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of course it needs a red dot, one with a remote switch so you can quickly activate it when needed.
BTW, where can a guy find one of those---the red dot, not the carbine (wouldn't be safe for me to handle one of those guns, for the same reason as oms). Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

CW2 Ralph Long
Average Member

USA
386 Posts

Posted - April 25 2018 :  8:22:05 PM  Show Profile  Click to see CW2 Ralph Long's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just got my Ruger PC9 Takedown through GB.com. Had time to substitue Glock magagzine insert. Checked functioning & zero at 35 yards prior to breaking it down for a road trip to AZ. The 21 round Magpul mag worked great. The carbine appears to be dead on at that range with Federal 124 grain +P HST. Chronograph averaged 1384 on a six shot average with a low of 1364 and a high of 1410 f.p.s.

If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without bloodshed;
if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may
come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves.

Winston Churchill
Go to Top of Page

ironhead7544
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - April 26 2018 :  05:16:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With some 124 gr +P loads, the 16 inch barrel velocity is close to a 357 Magnum 125 gr load from a 4" revolver. And is a lot easier to hit with.

The CorBon 115 gr loads goes 1515 fps from my AR9 16 inch. The 9BPLE goes 1485. Most of the standard pressure 124 gr hollow point loads go 1300 fps.

Standard pressure handloads with 124 gr bullets can easily get 1450 fps with the right powder.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.16seconds. Snitz Forums 2000