Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - North Korea
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Be Prepared
 Emergency Preparedness
 North Korea
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
4862 Posts

Posted - August 10 2017 :  8:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wasn't it nice of Hillary's husband to share all that information with the Chinese---who certainly wouldn't have passed any of it on to NOKO, would they? Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
Go to Top of Page

gw
Advanced Member

3742 Posts

Posted - August 11 2017 :  09:13:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
overnight the Chinese have said that if N.Korea starts this fight they stay out, if we start it they'll step in....

Mr. Trump has been working China from day one, no accident Korea has been movd to the front burner, apparently they've been on his radar for decades.

praying for his success myself

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..."
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

33982 Posts

Posted - August 11 2017 :  09:21:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Remember, the craziest person in the world can still kill you deader than Hitler's first wife.

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

gw
Advanced Member

3742 Posts

Posted - August 11 2017 :  1:32:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you got a lot of people with their finger on the trigger right now

our theater commanders, the Koreans on both sides, the Chinese commanders on the border, lord knows how many commanders at sea above and below.

the DMZ is always on a short fuse, even on Sunday

our commanders ain't sitting on their hands waiting to be nuked, they have always had alll the authority required to defend their position

it wouldn't take Mr. Trump or Kim to get the game started.....

Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
2759 Posts

Posted - August 11 2017 :  2:07:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gw

our theater commanders, the Koreans on both sides, the Chinese commanders on the border, lord knows how many commanders at sea above and below.

our commanders ain't sitting on their hands waiting to be nuked, they have always had alll the authority required to defend their position

And.. I suspect one of them will get the game started. North Korea is a BIG pimple on the worlds butt. In addition to virtually destroying their own people they also commit a lot of mischief around the globe.

It will be messy. But popping a big zit often is.

It would be better for the world as a whole (except maybe for the Chinese) if the two Koreas were united under the governing principles of South Korea.

My gut feeling ( and I could be totally wrong on this) is that China's expanding economy cannot withstand a complete boycott on their products entering the U.S. Trump could, and might very well, do that if China sides militarily with the Norks.

The Chinese get little from the Norks, and much from the U.S. It's a follow the money kinda thing. I don't think the Chinese want to get militarily involved in this.

That leaves the fat little nut job to his fantasies.Just MHO... FWIW.

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

3880 Posts

Posted - August 11 2017 :  4:00:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gw

China will become the number one economy in the world, we are in their way

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Christian

quote:
Originally posted by gw

And.. I suspect one of them will get the game started. North Korea is a BIG pimple on the worlds butt. In addition to virtually destroying their own people they also commit a lot of mischief around the globe.

It will be messy. But popping a big zit often is.

It would be better for the world as a whole (except maybe for the Chinese) if the two Koreas were united under the governing principles of South Korea.

My gut feeling ( and I could be totally wrong on this) is that China's expanding economy cannot withstand a complete boycott on their products entering the U.S. Trump could, and might very well, do that if China sides militarily with the Norks.

The Chinese get little from the Norks, and much from the U.S. It's a follow the money kinda thing. I don't think the Chinese want to get militarily involved in this.

That leaves the fat little nut job to his fantasies.Just MHO... FWIW.

How dependent is the Chinese economy on their trade with the US? How much would it hurt them if that trade suddenly dried up? More than it would hurt us to not have that influx of inexpensive Chinese goods?

It's my understanding too that the Chinese have a good deal of investment in the US. How would that be affected if the US and China went to war?

Weighing all that against the fact that the Norks represent an economic drain on China.... it's hard to see what the Chinese would gain--- compared to what they would lose--- by going to war with us in the event that we were to take out the Norks' military and nuclear assets.

Assuming that China's current military buildup is preparing for the day when they will be willing and able to take us on; I'm not sure that day is here yet. How likely is it that they would conclude that a premature conflict with the US would set their efforts back?

Compared to the current situation where China shares a border with the failed state of N. Korea, and seems to be mainly concerned with keeping the Norks out of China; how much would it hurt the Chinese to instead be sharing a border with a reunited democratic Korea?

Is there a certain part of the N. Korean population that would welcome being set free from the crazy Kim Jong Un?

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast

Edited by - LittleBill on August 11 2017 4:12:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

gw
Advanced Member

3742 Posts

Posted - August 11 2017 :  10:16:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

"Is there a certain part of the N. Korean population that would welcome being set free from the crazy Kim Jong Un?"

probably not, they are as devoted to "dear leader" as the Germans were to Hitler in the beginnig. the Koreans are a culture of self sacrifice for the common good, they will likely fight.

Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

3880 Posts

Posted - August 12 2017 :  08:50:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw a TV documentary about N. Korea, it was astonishing to see how people literally worshipped Kim. The same kind of powerful emotions many Westerners feel in Church, these Norks appeared to be feeling when talking about their devotion to their leader.

Never seen anything like it.

I guess the Japanese in WWII had a similar sort of extreme attachment to their Emperor....

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast

Edited by - LittleBill on August 12 2017 08:52:39 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.22seconds. Snitz Forums 2000