StoppingPower.net Forums
Home
Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Uses lasers ?
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Pistol Palace
 Uses lasers ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

revjen45
Advanced Member

2234 Posts

Posted - May 07 2017 :  1:01:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe the fact that so far I haven't been able to afford such fripperies isn't such a bad thing. I started with iron sights and don't have to worry about devolving to confusion at a critical time. Note that cataract surgery has taken my vision from Mr. Magoo to Top Gun, thus extending the useful time for irons.

Better to perish in the struggle for freedom than live to see defeat.
Go to Top of Page

tdbmd

USA
197 Posts

Posted - June 25 2017 :  3:34:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a couple of lasers on a few of my smaller handguns, J frame, Kimber Micro 9, M&P 9c and I like them, especially in low light but I do still shoot with iron sights more than the lasers on all of these guns during practicing.

Soli Deo Gloria
Go to Top of Page

Barnacle Bill
Advanced Member

USA
1253 Posts

Posted - June 26 2017 :  10:43:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought a used (pre-lock/MIM) S&W Model 640 that came with a set of Crimson Trace laser grips which the previous owner had installed. I left them on because it seems a reasonable alternative for a handgun for which it would not be easy to install tritium night sights (which is my preferred low-light solution). In all honesty, though, beyond zeroing the laser to my load I haven't shot it much. My wife liked it enough to request that I also put a set on her Model 60.
Go to Top of Page

heavyweight

USA
781 Posts

Posted - June 26 2017 :  11:01:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought a Ruger LCP with an integral laser only because it was on sale ($227). Prior to that I never gave lasers much thought. Since that purchase I have realized that they DO have a place in low light L.E. and personal defense applications.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.34seconds. Snitz Forums 2000