StoppingPower.net Forums
Home
Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Why does getting old hurt so much?
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other
 Miscellaneous
 Why does getting old hurt so much?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
2757 Posts

Posted - May 09 2017 :  2:23:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a thought re-reading this thread.

It has occurred to me that a 65+ year old body isn't a whole lot different than the 20-year old cars many of us had to run in our younger years. There came a point where it started to 'nickel & dime" ya to death. But, as long was the frame was good you could keep replacing the oil pump, the brakes, spark plugs, air filters... etc. .. etc.

As long as the chassis was good, we could make it run, and it served our needs. Yeah... the upholstery was wearing out, and the doors creaked when ya opened them. But, it still ran.

Most of us reached the point where we could take it down to the dealer, trade it in, and get a new car.

Be nice if we could do that with our bodies now. But, that's not a reality.

So... we just keep replacing the oil pump, brakes, air filter.. and maybe even a transmission.

But... we WILL keep that sucker running

God Bless all of you!

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

3876 Posts

Posted - May 09 2017 :  5:06:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep. And our 'driving habits' have calmed down considerably too: can't run the old bod like we used to....

Then again, just being able to keep tooling around has become a pleasure in itself.... whoever woulda thunk it...?

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast

Edited by - LittleBill on May 09 2017 5:07:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
4862 Posts

Posted - May 09 2017 :  5:54:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An old guy at church useta say 'Any time you're looking at the flowers instead of pushing up on them, you're having a good day. Quitcher bellyaching!' Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop

USA
589 Posts

Posted - May 19 2017 :  09:53:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back from our out West RV trip. Got to see almost everything we set out to visit. Just run out of time. I will say I love the West and was not disappointed with our Oklahoma/Texas trip. This country is amazing and wonderful.

Got the results from my MRI and it was as the Dr expected. He wants to put steroid injections in my spine, to relieve the lower back pain. I am doing pretty well for now, but sleeping in a semi setting position, while propped up on pillows. Seems to aggravate my nerves when I lay flat on my back for sleeping.

The shots in both my knees helped, but I got some bad news about my left knee. It is now bone on bone and the Dr said, "Whenever I was tired of the pain, knee replacement was in my future." Said the right one was not far behind. Seems I have worn the cartilage out in my knee joints. My left knee pops and cracks every time I walk. The shot helped little for that.

Our next trip will be the first of June and we will be taking 3 of our grandchildren on an annual traditional fishing and camping trip to a local lake for the week. The twins are 13 now and will not be doing this for much longer. I like fishing as well but sometimes it hurts my back now.

My 13 year old grandson is a excellent shot both with a bow and trap shooting. He just finished in second place over all, in the TN state tournament for bow shooting, last week. He shoots the shotgun equally as well on his school trap team outings. He broke his wrist, at the start of the school year, and the coach would not allow him on the team to start with. One of the supporters knew how good Mason was in Trap, so she convinced the coach to let him shoot. He has since won ever shoot they have let him shoot in except 1. He is a natural shooter. My father was that way. I see him drive nails with a 22 rifle when I was a boy.

Then we are making plans to go to Williamsburg Virginia, to see that area. Plans, Plans, Plans. Looking in the forward, and not living in the past. Helps keep me moving. God is good. To Him be the glory in all things. His will be done in our lives.

Ace, I have 30 years at the Post Office, and our favorite saying was "Hope the groundhogs will not soon be delivering our mail." We do want to keep it on this side, but will gladly see what Jesus has in store for me in the "next life". You know, the future, it ain't all bad, for us old Christians. Hope and faith sustains me. Truth be told, We were not meant too stay here forever.

Hope you guys have a blessed day.

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.25seconds. Snitz Forums 2000