Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - A Thank-You
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other
 Hoot & Shoot
 A Thank-You
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Matthew Courtney
Advanced Member

USA
1220 Posts

Posted - July 18 2005 :  5:26:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank-You all for making the Hoot-n-Shoot an outstanding event again this year!

A very special thanks to everyone who made an extra effort to make Cade's trip fun. Some of you do not know it, but Cade's Dad is a Louisiana Gaurdsman who was called up 16 months ago and has spent the last 10 in Iraq with 2 or 3 to go. Every effort to coach Cade and be a role model for him is going to help him be a better man.

Evan, Thank-You for being you and bringing such a great group together.

George, We really appreciate your caring, time, and attention.

Jim(Pdog), Jim(Nuke'em), Pat, Michael, Kurt(Keeb), Jim(Higginbotham), Thank-you for taking the time to share with Cade your time and insight.

Keith, before yesterday Cade did not know that he was Irish! His Momma might not have appreciated the words you used(she's Southern Baptist Irish), but Cade appreciated being treated like a man.

Kurt(Slick), Terry, Larry, Amy, Bob, Ernie, Matt, Liv, Mike, Jim(Hiller), Thank-you for being good role models. Guys-with respect to how Cade should strive to be; Gals-with respect to what he should hope to one day find in a mate.

I know I missed a lot because I was having so much fun myself. To those who set a good example for Cade and/or took the time to make his trip more special, and I am sure there were several.....

Thank-you.

There is great irony in the fact that I am thanking people who do not need to be thanked. We are blessed to be among folks who do things which are good and right, not for the thanks or rewards they recieve, but because they appreciate the intrinsic value of doing things which are are good and right.

For that I am thankful. For your friendship we are thankful.

Matthew

You will never begin in the fight you have planned for. You will begin in the fight the other guy has planned for.
Move in a manner that leads him into your fight should he press his attack.

E4E

USA
6451 Posts

Posted - July 19 2005 :  01:00:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Matt,

Thanks for bringing Cade, and watching over him, while his Dad is busy keeping the Wolf off of the porch.

I share your thoughts.

Watch over him and his family for me and mine, untill his Dad and the rest of our own, makes it home safe.

He is the kid next door.
Pat

Keep the Rifle handy!
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34116 Posts

Posted - July 19 2005 :  09:15:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes, I noticed that unlike many of his age he was quiet and attentive

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Pitbull

2011 Posts

Posted - July 19 2005 :  9:59:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice young man. Matthew, it was a pleasure for me to be amongst such a fine bunch of folks and It renews my faith in the future of this nation.
Go to Top of Page

PDogSniper

655 Posts

Posted - July 22 2005 :  05:54:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Matt, no thanks needed here. Find that boy a Trap range down there... It's wasn't to hard to see what he want's to do. Expect to have him start hammering for a school Trap team...

My only regret is that I didn't bring more scatter shot (as it turned out I had enough), I would have loved to see him do a full round or two...

Bring him along next year and I'll bring out my Trap gun...

Hair today, gone tomorrow...!
Go to Top of Page

Slick
Advanced Member

USA
3386 Posts

Posted - July 31 2005 :  8:07:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, Cade certainly learned his way around the AR-15 in a hurry. He was having a ball on the Carbine course, shot a nice group too!
It's a good thing you are doing, stepping in while Dad is away. Folks willing to do that are few and far between. You're the one who we should be thanking.
Tell him we were all glad to have him, and look forward to his return next year.
Slick

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Go to Top of Page

GLV

USA
8866 Posts

Posted - July 31 2005 :  8:31:31 PM  Show Profile  Send GLV an ICQ Message  Send GLV a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Matthew, I agree with Slick--my thanks go to you for bringing the young man. I enjoyed working with Cade.

'the world is round everywhere'

'The meek will inherit the earth, but only after the last soldier has left it to them in his will'
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34116 Posts

Posted - July 31 2005 :  8:32:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes, he is more than welcome

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly