Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - H&S 2005
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other
 Hoot & Shoot
 H&S 2005
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Evan
Administrator

34116 Posts

Posted - February 07 2005 :  09:56:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ed Lovette, retired CIA, will be doing a class on mental alertness in a terrorist context-this should not be missed.

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

BobM77
Advanced Member

USA
1425 Posts

Posted - February 07 2005 :  10:57:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm looking forward to that. I heard him speak at an IALEFI class a few years ago.
Go to Top of Page

A. Miguel - BR
Average Member

Brazil
407 Posts

Posted - February 10 2005 :  7:19:05 PM  Show Profile  Send A. Miguel - BR an ICQ Message  Click to see A. Miguel - BR's MSN Messenger address  Send A. Miguel - BR a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Evan

creds in advance?, yes-I emailed you an address to send it to. plenty of folks at Church who served as Mormon Missionaries in you homeland

Ok, I´ll send the credentials asap. My wife teaches English in a language school here, and she always invites American Mormon Missionaries to talk with students. They seem to like it very much (missionaries and students). If one of them here needs anything (there will be always someone who needs to renew their Visa) you can refer them to me. She told me they have a very frugal life here.

Mike (Team Corbon): I carry 9mm and .380. We use also 5.56 rifles. Any chance?

Pat: will email you when you have it ready. Will send you some pics also.

Best regards,

Miguel

Brazil. That´s where all the nuts come from.

gnöthi seauton - mëden agan
Go to Top of Page

TeamCorbon

USA
679 Posts

Posted - February 10 2005 :  7:43:01 PM  Show Profile  Send TeamCorbon a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
No problem! I'll do my share to enhance our international relations better! 9mm, 380 amd 223 it is!

Mike Shovel
Vice President/Public and Media Relations
COR-BON/Glaser
Mike@CORBON.com
412-496-0428
Go to Top of Page

E4E

USA
6451 Posts

Posted - February 11 2005 :  01:32:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Miguel,

Supposed to have the new box by the 16th.

Don't sweat the tools.

E4E

Keep the Rifle handy!
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34116 Posts

Posted - February 11 2005 :  07:50:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Miguel-what particular 9MM's, .380's and .223 you familier with.

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

A. Miguel - BR
Average Member

Brazil
407 Posts

Posted - February 11 2005 :  5:51:22 PM  Show Profile  Send A. Miguel - BR an ICQ Message  Click to see A. Miguel - BR's MSN Messenger address  Send A. Miguel - BR a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Evan

Miguel-what particular 9MM's, .380's and .223 you familier with.

Taurus 915 in 9mm, 938 in 380.
Bushmaster XM 15 in .223.
All the ammo from CBC (Magtech in the US), the only legally available here. The 9mm is 124g, +P+, the 380 is 85 g, +P. The .223 is old, for training only. No idea of the type.

Best regards,

Miguel

Go to Top of Page

E4E

USA
6451 Posts

Posted - February 12 2005 :  12:49:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Miguel,

Is that a std. HB 20" Bushy XM-15?

E4E

Keep the Rifle handy!
Go to Top of Page

A. Miguel - BR
Average Member

Brazil
407 Posts

Posted - February 14 2005 :  07:59:01 AM  Show Profile  Send A. Miguel - BR an ICQ Message  Click to see A. Miguel - BR's MSN Messenger address  Send A. Miguel - BR a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, with 3 shot bursts capability.

Go to Top of Page

E4E

USA
6451 Posts

Posted - February 14 2005 :  9:27:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Miguel,

Don't have any fully autos available.

Will have a couple of std. 20" semi autos available, and a couple of M4's.

Don't sweat it.

Just survive the long trip.

E4E

Keep the Rifle handy!
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34116 Posts

Posted - February 14 2005 :  9:32:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we won't have any full auto weapons on purpose. I don't know of anyone who has either a Taurus 9MM or .380. we'll do the best we can in that regard.

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

A. Miguel - BR
Average Member

Brazil
407 Posts

Posted - February 15 2005 :  07:27:43 AM  Show Profile  Send A. Miguel - BR an ICQ Message  Click to see A. Miguel - BR's MSN Messenger address  Send A. Miguel - BR a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn´t have a Taurus if I could have a Glock either. Don´t worry about the guns, Evan. Any standard DA semiauto will be just fine. The opportunity to meet and learn is already too much of a good thing.

best regards,

Miguel

Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34116 Posts

Posted - February 17 2005 :  07:46:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we'll fix you up, Miguel.

You'll find a group of the friendliest folks God created and the opportunity to try alot of different guns and eat some superb food-the weather is generally good and its just alot of fun and an educational experience. While call it a Hoot&Shoot instead of a Shoot&Hoot, because our primary focus is to have fun and learn.

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

A. Miguel - BR
Average Member

Brazil
407 Posts

Posted - February 28 2005 :  5:46:05 PM  Show Profile  Send A. Miguel - BR an ICQ Message  Click to see A. Miguel - BR's MSN Messenger address  Send A. Miguel - BR a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Evan:

The letter is ready. Can I send it to your old adress (the one I used when in Police Academy) in MI?

Best regards,

Miguel

Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34116 Posts

Posted - February 28 2005 :  5:47:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the one in Midland, Mi, right?

if its the Midland address yes.

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

A. Miguel - BR
Average Member

Brazil
407 Posts

Posted - February 28 2005 :  6:14:25 PM  Show Profile  Send A. Miguel - BR an ICQ Message  Click to see A. Miguel - BR's MSN Messenger address  Send A. Miguel - BR a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, it is. I didn´t want to put details here, you know...

Will send it tomorrow (the mail is closed for today).

Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34116 Posts

Posted - February 28 2005 :  6:38:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Matt Marshall
Administrator

USA
718 Posts

Posted - March 26 2005 :  6:02:20 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Matt Marshall's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Alright everyone... I'm very sorry to be late on posting the information that I had promised to many of you before now. I sort of double booked myself on that promised time frame with mid-terms here in my last semester of the MBA.

I now have much of the information clarified and posted on the official Hoot & Shoot page (http://www.stoppingpower.net/hoot/index.asp). More will be coming over the next few days. Set the dates in your calendar (July 16th & 17th, and an informal reception Friday evening, July 15th for those early in arriving)! The site is secured and we are excited for an event that will top the '03 & '04 Hoot & Shoot events!

I'm excited about the interest in the event this year. I've been regularly getting calls and emails about this years Hoot & Shoot for nearly two months now.

Matt
Go to Top of Page

A. Miguel - BR
Average Member

Brazil
407 Posts

Posted - April 08 2005 :  07:38:02 AM  Show Profile  Send A. Miguel - BR an ICQ Message  Click to see A. Miguel - BR's MSN Messenger address  Send A. Miguel - BR a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Evan: I´m just wondering if you got my letter, and if its ok to start getting the visa and air tickets, or if you need any other reference.

Thanks,

Miguel

Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34116 Posts

Posted - April 08 2005 :  07:51:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sure did-you're all set-sorry I'm just gone so much it slipped my mind

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

A. Miguel - BR
Average Member

Brazil
407 Posts

Posted - April 08 2005 :  09:44:47 AM  Show Profile  Send A. Miguel - BR an ICQ Message  Click to see A. Miguel - BR's MSN Messenger address  Send A. Miguel - BR a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, I´ll start the visa proccess asap. Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34116 Posts

Posted - July 18 2005 :  09:41:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well, it's over and it was great-I didn't get a single complaint and a number of people who were there for the 1st time told me how much they enjoyed it. Chef Pete and Jim Hiller did a spectacular job with the food and the efforts of many others did not go unnoticed.

There was alot of good natured kidding that went on, but none of the humor ever got nasty nor did I see any self-centered behavior. There an absence of demeaning comments and no one's questions were subjected to ridicule or disdain.

If you missed it, your missed a singular event. Great people, great food, and great instructors. And my grand kids are still talking about the motor home Jim Hiller rented.

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

TxSkyCop
Advanced Member

USA
1657 Posts

Posted - July 18 2005 :  5:14:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All I want to know is if the brats were burned.....

Wish I could have been there...

"No man is above the law and no man is below it, nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right, not asked as a favor." Theodore Roosevelt, Dec 7, 1903
Go to Top of Page

Matthew Courtney
Advanced Member

USA
1220 Posts

Posted - July 18 2005 :  5:42:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nope

You will never begin in the fight you have planned for. You will begin in the fight the other guy has planned for.
Move in a manner that leads him into your fight should he press his attack.
Go to Top of Page

E4E

USA
6451 Posts

Posted - July 19 2005 :  12:34:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just an observation.

The conditions handed to the folks this year, were somewhat less than optimal.

I will referrence the request of a single student on line, during the practical Carbine course, as pretty much summing up the whole weekend.

"Request for permission to leave the line (The guy was whiter than the background on this screen!) sir!"

My response was "clear the weapon first".

I dunno if the student realized it or not,but he was fumbling with doing so when he was cleared of the line minus his rifle.

The heat got him, and he maintained decorum in finest fashion.
In his state of distress he kept the muzzle downrange, a straight trigger finger alongside the frame, and was honest to the point of indicating his state of ability to maintasin a safe learning environment.....to an extreme.

Not a single whimper over the conditions met my ears.
Just several giggles over the matter.

I am humbled.

Adversity brings out the worst in most.
With the crew at the H&S, Adversity brought out the best.
(When I hit 70, I'll remember GLV holding the line, and taking care of the details I overlooked as ignorant at 39.....)

The gang just flat refused to give in to, what others in the surrounding community hid from, and seemed to have a good time doing so!

Sick and twisted Bunch!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't suffer the same with lesser folks, and am looking forward to doing it again, anytime.

E4E

P.S.

The Brats weren't Burnt on account of Chef Pete "Assisting" me in a subtle manner as simply "Taking over" with his brilliance.

Two hands with Tongs, should NOT work naturally as his do.

I had no choice but to step back, and let him run the fire.

A couple were Carmelized by design, on account that some folks like them that way.......

What a weekend!!!!!!!!!!

When Alzheimers hits, I suspect I will still remember the smiles and disregard of the obvious.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.3seconds. Snitz Forums 2000