StoppingPower.net Forums
Home
Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - RLS. Progress report.
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other
 Hoot & Shoot
 RLS. Progress report.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

E4E

USA
6451 Posts

Posted - November 17 2004 :  01:59:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RLS,

Focus on the rage the pain inspires.
Know that suffering it, will cause it's untimely end.

We all are subject to the same thing.
Thanks for kicking it in the keester long enough for the rest of us to reflect on it and resolve.

Blisters like scars are COOL!!!!!!!;)

Sorry to hear that you havn't found winter wear in Don HO camo.

The sick side of me appreciates the concept.
"What would Jimmy Buffet do?" ;)

Hang in there!

Great news on your Daughter.
She comes from good stock, and I had no doubts.
It's good to have one less worry however.

Forward it is.

Keep at it!
E4E

Keep the Rifle handy!
Go to Top of Page

RLS

USA
691 Posts

Posted - November 17 2004 :  3:37:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having friends such as the ones I have found here has made the whole process easier. I appreciate all the positive thoughts, whether they make it in a posting or just appear in a mind.

I thought I had enough scars to last me a lifetime, but my stay in Michigan changed that view. I hope I now have enough scars for many decades to come.

Well, it's time for me to go and be cougar bait. Since I can't find any Don Ho cammies, I'll just amble along and hum "Tiny Bubbles". That ought to be cougar repellent enough.

Many Blessings
Rick

Edited by - RLS on November 17 2004 3:38:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

RLS

USA
691 Posts

Posted - December 18 2004 :  05:44:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alive and kickin'. Maybe Santa will put some Don Ho cammies under the tree this year...

Many Blessings & Happy Holidays
Rick
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34114 Posts

Posted - December 18 2004 :  11:06:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
keep at it-my heart keeps getting better since my heart attack in 2002.

Had to give up alot of food I like but being with my 15 grand kids is worth it.

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

E4E

USA
6451 Posts

Posted - December 19 2004 :  02:18:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RLS,

Thanks for the report.

It'll be good to see you this summer again.

Pass on our Holiday thoughts and wishes to the family, and keep kicking this thing into submission.

Waiting to hear that you found a Cougar that surrendered immediately upon becoming blinded by the attire. ;)
(Why do I get the feeling that there is a "far side" Cartoon in this?)

Spoil the family, and roll in the time together over the holiday.
E4E

Keep the Rifle handy!
Go to Top of Page

Russ Larges

USA
2214 Posts

Posted - January 17 2005 :  10:16:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Remember scars are just tatoos with better stories
God Bless
Russ

The pistol, learn it well, carry it allways. Jeff Cooper
Go to Top of Page

RLS

USA
691 Posts

Posted - May 20 2005 :  5:26:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howdy, Friends

Alive and kicking. Sometimes wheezing. Since the weather has gotten warmer I have been more inclined to act as cougar bait more frequently. Hawaiian shirt weather good for what ails you, my grandmother always said. Well maybe she didn't say that, but if she thought of it, she might have said it. Mebbe.

The range time is better now that hunting season is over, I have more range time to myself and can behave in a less politically correct fashion. My wardrobe didn't frighten away enough other shooters, but it didn't help their marksmanship any, either.

Will drop in again soon

Rick
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34114 Posts

Posted - May 20 2005 :  6:35:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good to hear from-keep us updated

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

E4E

USA
6451 Posts

Posted - May 23 2005 :  10:40:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rick,

Keep at it, and keep solid at the home front.

Reports of Catamounts skulking about in these parts are on the increase.
No reports of Hawaiian shirt wearing folks getting attacked.

Several Turkey hunters in the County north of here however, recently got a scare!

It seems the Cat walked in and took over the area, and none of the three could form a complete sentance!!!!!!

The Kittycat made for the greenbriers as soon as it realized things were rotten, and the three Turkey hunters vibrated their way back to the truck.

Of course our DNR is claiming that such a thing is impossible.

Just like they claim that Wolves in the Lower do not exist, and their Deer count is accurate.

Not to mention that they also claim that Wolverines have been extinct here for 100 years.... Despite evidence otherwise.

Don Ho "Flage" it is.

I find it actually works with Big Smith overalls while in the tractor!!!!!!

Any news on the kid?

H&S 2005 is coming up.

This time........
Cell numbers will be shared in advance!!!!!
As will a head count be done on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!

All the best!
E4E

P.S.
Found a pair of Sandals that just flat work!!!!!!

Compare notes in July?

Keep the Rifle handy!
Go to Top of Page

RLS

USA
691 Posts

Posted - July 02 2005 :  9:21:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings, Friends

After long and careful consideration, I determined I am not in the physical condition to attend the 2005 Hoot & Shoot. It's a long drive from East of the Mason Dixon Line; my wife doesn't have the vacation time to take and my plans to attend with a friend have fallen through. I am not prepared to make the drive myself. Jeepers, I get out of breath from walking up stairs nowadays. The humidity hear saps my breath.

I disposed of my Russian SKS and have been taking the Bushmaster out to the range. It is a whole lot lighter in weight. Shoots better, too.

The hot weather has me walking in the air-conditioned shopping mall. I would prefer to be cougar bait than terrorist bait. When the weather cools I'll get out onto the walking trails and pose as feline food.

This thing is taking longer than I thought to recover from. I have every intention of making the 2006 H&S.

Rick
Go to Top of Page

GLV

USA
8866 Posts

Posted - July 02 2005 :  9:38:11 PM  Show Profile  Send GLV an ICQ Message  Send GLV a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hang in there Rick. We will be thinking about you and you are still on my prayer list. Look forward to seeing you in 06.

'the world is round everywhere'

'The meek will inherit the earth, but only after the last soldier has left it to them in his will'
Go to Top of Page

E4E

USA
6451 Posts

Posted - July 03 2005 :  04:14:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rick,

You will be missed.

But it is understood.

Found a Hawaiian shirt that I will likely model at the H&S in your honor (With your permission of course, and minus the hot purple Kitty Bait slipppers of course!).

Keep at it.

2006 it is!!!!

Just stay in touch here until then, and after, will ya!!

All the best!
E4E

P.S.
The Cats down there are gettng lazy!

Put on a bicyclists outfit and see what happens.

Obviously the tourist guise ain't working. ;)

You will be missed.

Keep the Rifle handy!
Go to Top of Page

RLS

USA
691 Posts

Posted - July 04 2005 :  2:49:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the warm thoughts and prayers.

Pat, for you to wear a Hawaiian shirt in my honor for the H&S certainly puts the "Hoot" in the gig. You have my permission. I appreciate you sacrificing your humility for me.

I am one fortunate fellow to have friends such as those found here. Thank you all!

Rick
Go to Top of Page

RLS

USA
691 Posts

Posted - September 17 2005 :  6:47:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howdy, friends, Rick reporting in here from East of the Mason-Dixon Line,

Visited the cardiologist and family physician (saw the vet, too, but for my friendly canine's well being) in the past week and a half. Tweaking the medications and dosages. Still not up to where I was before the 2004 Hoot&Shoot, and indications are I won't be. BP meds are suspected of zapping me of my youthful vim and vigor.

Hit the range recently and wrung out the Kimber Classic. Sweet shooter. I was rooting around my sock drawer and uncovered a long lost Safariland holster that was for a Government Model. I had never used the holster, but it has found a home on the hip now. It holds the Kimber nicely and doesn't drop out when I struggle to put my trousers on and the holster flips over the waistband and belt.

Gotten a bit of cougar trolling done, but no bites so far. (Whew!)

Now that hunting season is fast approaching, I must see what I can snag in Hawaiian down before the fashion conscious storm the stores...

Many Blessings
Rick

Go to Top of Page

GLV

USA
8866 Posts

Posted - September 17 2005 :  7:50:48 PM  Show Profile  Send GLV an ICQ Message  Send GLV a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Rick, it seems to me BP meds sap my energy. May try to change the med next visit to Dr.

Hang in there, good to hear from you.

'The meek will inherit the earth, but only after the last soldier has left it to them in his will'
Go to Top of Page

E4E

USA
6451 Posts

Posted - September 21 2005 :  01:07:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rick,

A good friend at the Ranch is dealing with the BP meds almost daily.

Make sure to get a second opinion on the matter.
He's been run through the wringer with the things.

As for the Cougars.....
Try dragging a pork chop behind you when out walking.;)
Pehaps the Don Ho Camo is too good!

Glad to hear you are doing well, focused, and still attacking the matter!

Thanks for the update!
E4E

Keep the Rifle handy!
Go to Top of Page

E4E

USA
6451 Posts

Posted - October 07 2005 :  02:44:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOOOOHHHH RLS?

Did the puddy Tat get ya?

How ya doin' down there?

I expect to hear of frustrated attempts to bait the cats into attacking while armed with a fingernail clipper and a twinkie!

Then again we would all be happy to hear ya wore out a good pistol through dry fire!

Whatever is going on, hang in there and get back.
E4E

Keep the Rifle handy!
Go to Top of Page

RLS

USA
691 Posts

Posted - October 10 2005 :  12:34:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

I am alive and kicking. Changed the timing of when I take the BP medication. I take it in the evening now, instead of taking it in the morning like I had. I seem to have more energy. Mebbe I sleep off the sleepiness instead of nodding off at my desk or chair and making a vain attempt to look productive. I think the snoring may give me away.

Had to cruise on out to Ohio recently for some in-law matters (Mother-In-Law celebrated her 80th birthday). First time I had to ask the wife to do some of the driving since she chauffered me the late summer of '04.

Showed my son-in-law my G19 and he was willing to take it off my hands. I told him I'm not dead yet. The more I carry the G19 the more I like it, sorta like the stray dog that shows up and finds a new home.

Been carrying my S&W Model 646 (40 S&W) for cougar trolling, it's a little on the heavy side, but I can do it because my ukelele is light and I can play some soothing "come into my trap" music for the elusive feline. I figure with the strumming of the uke, I can keep my gun hand near the waist, ready for immediate action in case the cougar mistakes me for dinner. I find the Hawaiian woodland camo works really well, my palm print shirts blend in real well with the pines and oaks. Gee, a tree is a tree, right? I can be my own walking tree stand. I thunk that strategy up while contemplating my navel the other day, or maybe I dreamed it, I dunno.

Many Blessings
Rick

Go to Top of Page

E4E

USA
6451 Posts

Posted - October 10 2005 :  03:07:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RLS,

Thanks!

Good ta hear from you!
Good ta hear you're still in the fight!

Possibly, those Kitty Cats know what they are doing and leaving you alone by design.
Might be time to go hunting! ;)

Whatever you're doing, keep at it.
And keep local!

E4E

Keep the Rifle handy!
Go to Top of Page

RLS

USA
691 Posts

Posted - December 05 2005 :  12:43:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howdy, Friends,

Just a short note...

Alive and kicking. Took a son-in-law to the range last week, we had a jolly good time. Have been doing some stealth puma baiting. No takers so far (a good thing, I reckon, I am not as speedy as I once was).

Rick
Go to Top of Page

E4E

USA
6451 Posts

Posted - December 05 2005 :  01:14:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rick,

Great to hear from you!!!!!

E4E

Keep the Rifle handy!
Go to Top of Page

GLV

USA
8866 Posts

Posted - December 05 2005 :  3:41:22 PM  Show Profile  Send GLV an ICQ Message  Send GLV a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good to hear Rick. Hang in there, George :))

Go to Top of Page

RLS

USA
691 Posts

Posted - January 20 2006 :  3:06:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings, Earthlings

Went to Dr this week, doc pleased. I was down a pound on their scale. The humorous part was that I had three guns on me this time around, but I didn't say anything about them. Carrying more weapons and weighing less. Seems right, as I made my mind up when I started wearing an ankle holster to tell anyone who asked about the thing that it was an ankle weight to strengthen my leg.

Haven't done much cougar trolling lately. I was hoping to get an invite from E4E to show him how it's done.

Well, I have a heap of reading to do here, so I'll mosey on and learn from my friends here.

Rick
Go to Top of Page

GLV

USA
8866 Posts

Posted - January 20 2006 :  7:22:12 PM  Show Profile  Send GLV an ICQ Message  Send GLV a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Rick, good to hear from youits a day to day thing, but progress is there. Keep it up

Go to Top of Page

Keeb

USA
1320 Posts

Posted - January 20 2006 :  8:52:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Way to go Rick. Keep up the good work.

Keeb
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly