Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Southern Snow
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other
 Miscellaneous
 Southern Snow
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1556 Posts

Posted - January 04 2022 :  10:19:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know you guys up North laugh at us Southerners, but we rarely get snow here in Middle TN, however 2 days ago we got 6" at my house and my friend across town got 9" in one night. Flurries were forecasted.

It had been 78 on Christmas day and new years day was still very warm,
low 50's I believe. The day after N Y the temp dropped, but usually the ground it too warm for snow to stick. On this occasion it started raining then it turned to sleet in late evening, and that night we got blasted with our late white New Years treat.

We have snow forecasted again for Thursday. We still have about 4" on the ground this morning. Whatta-feast for the eyes. Natures show warms my heart.

Edited to add; I have lived in this town since 1968 and this is the most snow, falling in one night, that I have ever witnessed here. It is a big deal for us.

Pop Pop

Edited by - Pop Pop on January 04 2022 10:35:50 AM

Dave in PA
Average Member

USA
493 Posts

Posted - January 04 2022 :  6:53:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Enjoy the beauty! I have lived in snow regions all of my life and I still love to see it.
Go to Top of Page

Deputy25
Advanced Member

USA
1025 Posts

Posted - January 05 2022 :  09:27:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here in NW Pennsylvania we usually have a decent snow pack going into January. So far this year, nothing. My wife told me this would happen while I was prepping my tractor for snow removal back in early November. Mission accomplished.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1556 Posts

Posted - January 06 2022 :  09:18:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is snowing like crazy again on Thursday. Forecasted to be 2-5" before nightfall. Suppose to snow all day. Already got 1" on the ground in 30 minutes. I love it!

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1556 Posts

Posted - January 06 2022 :  4:58:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ended up getting 5 1/2" new snow in all today. Forecasted for 14 tonight and, "possibly 10 tomorrow night. It is 25 now. This is so unusual for us southerners. We have had 11 1/2" of snow in the last 2 days.

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page

bandaidman
Advanced Member

USA
1550 Posts

Posted - January 07 2022 :  02:45:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And out in Utah the mountains are getting the snow (best powder on earth) great for skiers, we had rain all day New Years but mostly a mist. Last time where I live had lots of snow was in 1989 and we got 3 foot of snow in one night. Happened on a Saturday night Sunday Morning. canceled church and spent most of the day removing snow off of trailers in our area, one had its roof collapse. Came home tired a bit wet and felt we had served our fellow man. Last 10 years we seldom get more than 6 inches yet 5 miles in either direction they get 2 feet. Just a fluke in how the weather patterns around our area.
I love the snow makes the area feel clean and reborn. Stay safe most people don't know how to drive in snow.

“If for a while the harder you try, the harder it gets, take heart. So it has been with the best people who ever lived.
Jeffery Holland
Go to Top of Page

Russ Larges

USA
2499 Posts

Posted - January 07 2022 :  06:55:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Minus 2 this morning with a couple inches of snow on the ground. Son in law cleaned the drive yesterday. Iam getting too old for winter work now. Well, I could but what the heck I'll just stay in where it is warm. Use to love Michigan winters now I just live through them.
God Bless
Russ

The pistol, learn it well, carry it allways. Jeff Cooper
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.12seconds. Snitz Forums 2000