StoppingPower.net Forums
Home
Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Mom, it followed me home. Can I keep it?
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 The Rifle Rack
 Mom, it followed me home. Can I keep it?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

billmc

605 Posts

Posted - November 23 2021 :  6:41:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A Henry Golden Boy followed me home from Walmart. I'm hoping to try it out latter this week.

I have a Savage bolt gun but I think I can run the lever faster than the bolt. The Savage mag holds 10 rounds, the Henry holds 16. I can store .22LR much more than any other caliber I have.

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
6053 Posts

Posted - November 23 2021 :  8:26:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Henrys have the smoothest action of any of the other brands that came into the store. We had one nice little .22--the 'basic black' H001--on the shelf for a long time; lotta people looked at it, but for some odd reason didn't buy it. The last Christmas the store was open, the boss gifted me and my coworker with the choice of up to a certain cash value on inventory. I put mine towards the little .22; so with my part, I ended up with a actual Henry .22 lever action for about $100. Great shooter, and will hopefully go to the grandbaby when I'm done with it. Only sad thing is, with my old eyes, had to put a scope on it to take full advantage of its accuracy potential.

Good purchace, bill; you'll like the heck out of it. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34897 Posts

Posted - November 24 2021 :  10:45:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DJW, my grandson, gave me a Henry in .357 Magnum cause he said he owed me for something. After thinking hard I couldn't think of what it was so I returned it to him with a sling and butt cuff by Simply Rugged and a Skinner peep sight and told him that Henry Wall, his son should be the one in the family to own a Henry Rifle!

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1526 Posts

Posted - November 24 2021 :  12:33:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Henry Big Boy 38/357 Mag which is my daughters favorite rifle. they are here for Thanksgiving and she wants to shoot it. will get it our Friday. Supposed to be a tad warmer.

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.08seconds. Snitz Forums 2000