Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Earthquake last night
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Be Prepared
 Emergency Preparedness
 Earthquake last night
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5638 Posts

Posted - November 18 2021 :  7:45:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
3.8, then called a 4.0 about 65 miles north of us. We felt it, and it was a hard jolt.

I was reading all the comments on social media telling myself "Glad I keep the earthquake policy paid" and "Glad we have the plans in place".

A little water, toiletries, and food items are outside the house which would get us thru the night till I had to dig in to the supplies.

A little planning & preparing prevents panic in a crisis.

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
5786 Posts

Posted - November 18 2021 :  9:52:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
?I's funny how people tend to minimize some threats of nature and freak out over others. My last duty station in the Navy was the Naval Weapons Station. East Bay area. The locals thought the people who lived across the Bay on the peninsula were crazy. The San Andreas Fault runs right through there. Think 1906 (?) San Francisco earthquake. They seemed totally oblivious to the fact that the Hayward Fault runs right up through their valley. And they were scared to death of thunderstorms. I guess they don't see many out there? That seemed very odd to us Midwesterners who consider thunderstorms a normal occurrence.

Jeff

jle3030
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.06seconds. Snitz Forums 2000