Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Mas-Shooting in Collierville TN
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other
 Miscellaneous
 Mas-Shooting in Collierville TN
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1502 Posts

Posted - September 24 2021 :  7:40:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Collierville is a suburb of Memphis. A 30ish, former associate of the Kroger Food Store, entered yesterday, and shot 15 people killing one. He is believed to have taken his own life.

If main stream media can be believed, one reported he was fired from the Kroger store, as a vendor, yesterday. He returned with a handgun and started firing. Shot 10 employees and 5 shoppers, then himself. He is a Tieland(S) immigrant so they report. He has ties to Nashville TN and his family (cannot speak English) lives there now.

Prayers for the innocent.

Edited to add; No motive given by Police. Another report said he may have been working in the Deli (Private vendor) and was terminated.

Pop Pop

Edited by - Pop Pop on September 24 2021 7:47:03 PM

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5625 Posts

Posted - September 26 2021 :  11:17:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have family in the area. Rumor is the person was a former vendor and was let go and you know the rest of the story.
When I go shopping it's a single stack pistol with two reloads or a double stack fed pistol and one reload with a snub in the pocket. long guns ride in all the vehicles if I am outside when it starts.

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1502 Posts

Posted - September 26 2021 :  4:01:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My daughter lived in Collierville several years ago. Been there many times. Quiet side of Memphis.

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page

fsilber

USA
541 Posts

Posted - October 04 2021 :  9:42:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We work from home since COVID-19, but my office is in Collierville. I was a few blocks away earlier in the morning on the day it happened, to have a laptop repaired.

Supposedly, he was a sushi chef. Last week my son suffered a few days of hard sickness from bad sushi he ate at a different Kroger. Me, I don't like fish of any kind.
Go to Top of Page

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
5764 Posts

Posted - October 05 2021 :  08:24:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've tried sushi. I like it a lot better fried.[:D

JLE

jle3030
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3853 Posts

Posted - October 05 2021 :  1:25:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jle3030

JLE

I agree! Roll that sushi in cornmeal batter, toss into 400 degree oil, dip it in hot sauce, pop into mouth, take gulp of beer! OMG!! Awesome! What you have is Japanese/Redneck fusion cookery

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

fiasconva
Average Member

USA
306 Posts

Posted - October 05 2021 :  3:26:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Grocery store sushi??? What could go wrong? *s*

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

billmc

583 Posts

Posted - October 05 2021 :  11:49:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Christian

quote:
Originally posted by jle3030

JLE

I agree! Roll that sushi in cornmeal batter, toss into 400 degree oil, dip it in hot sauce, pop into mouth, take gulp of beer! OMG!! Awesome! What you have is Japanese/Redneck fusion cookery

Now you guys have me questioning whether or not I should reconsider. Prior to this I thought another name for sushi was bait.
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1502 Posts

Posted - October 09 2021 :  08:34:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never tried sushi. Possibly too many bugs in it for me. I'll take mine fried also guys. Had some of the best Catfish, Farm Raised right there in 2 lakes on premises, and cleaned that afternoon, and totally fresh, last week. We will go back!!!

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page

oldmuleskinner
Advanced Member

1040 Posts

Posted - October 12 2021 :  12:38:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love sushi and sashimi!!! On the other hand, my wife won't touch either of them.
I was very sad when Costco stopped selling it.

Each of us is an innkeeper, and we decide if there is room for Jesus.
Neal A. Maxwell
Go to Top of Page

Deputy25
Advanced Member

USA
1023 Posts

Posted - October 17 2021 :  7:30:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Around these parts raw fish is called "bait".

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
6031 Posts

Posted - October 17 2021 :  7:39:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If things go right, tomorrow I'll be trying to catch a stringer of catfish at a friend's watershed lake. Bait will be Oklahoma pig liver and sushi--er, shrimp; both of which, if unsuccessful, can be skewered on a wire and roasted over an open fire for a snack.
I do like the little pieces of sushi at the Chinese buffet, but it's just tiny bits of some kind of fish rolled up in a piece of ragweed leaf and rolled up in spiced rice. Well, maybe seaweed instead of ragweed, whatever. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.12seconds. Snitz Forums 2000