Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - SG Ammo prices are still coming down
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Stopping Power
 Stopping Power
 SG Ammo prices are still coming down
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Evan
Administrator

34875 Posts

Posted - September 23 2021 :  12:27:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They continue to drop and have always been the online retailer I prefer!

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

gauchobill
Advanced Member

1197 Posts

Posted - September 23 2021 :  4:21:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me, too!
Go to Top of Page

billmc

583 Posts

Posted - September 23 2021 :  9:33:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think of them first. I've noticed, even now, their prices tend to be lower than other on line retailers I've seen.
Go to Top of Page

docglock
Starting Member

USA
18 Posts

Posted - September 24 2021 :  1:37:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And in bulk (at least for now) there's no shipping fee.
Go to Top of Page

bandaidman
Advanced Member

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - September 27 2021 :  8:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While their prices are lower than most, my brother in Washington state told me about a group that used to work for CCI in Lewiston ID. They went out built their own equipment and make both reloads and reman for just enough to make it currently worth my money. They sell a 115, and 124 grain self defense load +P in both that looks a lot like a gold dot for about .58 cents/round/per 50.My LGS has been getting pistol rounds for reasonable prices and I am supporting them. My problem is getting my 90sqft library, ham shack, and reloading room cleaned up enough so I can get back to reloading. I'm having my back spinal nerves burned/killed this coming Wednesday That actually lasted longer than the spinal fusion did. When I had that done I didn't have to take the "dumb pill" gabapentin and I can make sure I check all the steps. When I was taking the dumb pill I loaded some squibs in 45 acp. Thankfully the primer would just barely push the bullet out far enough to eject the case but not push the bullet far enough so that the next one wouldn't chamber. I haven't reloaded for the last 4 years because of that little experience.
When the next grandson gets back from his mission in Washington DC I plan on teaching him how so he can inherit my gear. Those two boys and girl may hit the jackpot, of my kids only a few outside of that family are shooters and will wind up with my Brother's haul as well as my own.

“If for a while the harder you try, the harder it gets, take heart. So it has been with the best people who ever lived.
Jeffery Holland
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3853 Posts

Posted - September 29 2021 :  11:54:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by docglock

Bandaidman, I'm curious as to why you referred to Gapapentin as the "dumb pill". I'm stuck taking it and wonder what side effects you may have experienced.

Edited to add... I punched the wrong button and didn't get Bandaidman's quote up.... but this is still directed to Bandaidman.

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.

Edited by - Chris Christian on September 29 2021 11:56:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1502 Posts

Posted - September 30 2021 :  10:00:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am on Gabapentin myself, and have been for 15 years, for diabetic neuropathy. Works wonders for me. I take 3 100 mg tablets two times per day. I was taking 3 300 mg tablets and realized I was in a fog, mentally, so had the Dr to decrease to 100 mg dose. Doing well with that dose, but do have more pain. It is livable and my head is much clearer. Know-whatcha-mean Bandaidman.

I too purchase ammo from S G Ammo and have noticed the prices are breaking slowly. Ammo is going to get much tighter as the "pres" has banned import of Russian ammo. I have got a good stash, due to Evan's advice I headed a while back after Obama. I would purchase some S D ammo if I could get the right kind. I want some Remington Bonded Golden Saber 125 gr HP for the 357 if I could find it. I like that ammo. Carrying old style Cor Bon DPX at present but don't have a large selection on hand. When I purchased what I have on hand it was 2.00 per round so I did not purchase a large stash of that brand of ammo. Oh hind sight!!!!

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3853 Posts

Posted - September 30 2021 :  11:36:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pop Pop

I am on Gabapentin myself, and have been for 15 years, for diabetic neuropathy. Works wonders for me. I take 3 100 mg tablets two times per day. I was taking 3 300 mg tablets and realized I was in a fog, mentally, so had the Dr to decrease to 100 mg dose. Doing well with that dose, but do have more pain. It is livable and my head is much clearer. Know-whatcha-mean Bandaidman.

I too purchase ammo from S G Ammo and have noticed the prices are breaking slowly. Ammo is going to get much tighter as the "pres" has banned import of Russian ammo. I have got a good stash, due to Evan's advice I headed a while back after Obama. I would purchase some S D ammo if I could get the right kind. I want some Remington Bonded Golden Saber 125 gr HP for the 357 if I could find it. I like that ammo. Carrying old style Cor Bon DPX at present but don't have a large selection on hand. When I purchased what I have on hand it was 2.00 per round so I did not purchase a large stash of that brand of ammo. Oh hind sight!!!!

Thanks Pop Pop! I'm taking one 400 mg a day and do feel a bit foggy. I do have some nerve tingling in the right shoulder, which might be the result of a fall I took a week ago that produced a lot of pain. But, it's subsiding, and I can even get back to the gym for some light upper body resistance work... which seems to be helping. I think I'll cut back to one 400 mg every other day and see what happens.

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

bandaidman
Advanced Member

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - October 09 2021 :  8:37:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Christian

quote:

Bandaidman, I'm curious as to why you referred to Gapapentin as the "dumb pill". I'm stuck taking it and wonder what side effects you may have experienced.

Edited to add... I punched the wrong button and didn't get Bandaidman's quote up.... but this is still directed to Bandaidman.

Chris, the Fog you experience is the reason for me calling it that, although it goes farther than that. When I was working at a hospital and was taking it I got an order from a physician and walked probably 200 feet back to my area and forgot the order. I quit reloading for the last 2 years because my mind thinks I've checked everything but found that I had missed putting powder in a couple of 45 cases then seated the bullet. While the squip (my first EVER) thankfully with just the primer only pushed the bullet such that the next round would not seat saving me possible injury. Back when I first started I was taking 10 times the amount I'm now on just 300mg at night. It keeps me from cramps at night. Although I've found another way to help with the cramps that works almost as good. I drink about 12 oz of tonic water around dinner time. The quinine helps with the cramps.
Of note in the African countries that have malaria problems and use quinine for prevention they have a lower covid rate... hmm. Oh President Clinton caved to big pharma and banned it's use in the US. So even if you could get it you would be breaking the law if you brought it into the states. Funny thing Gabapentin came out the same time this came about. Oh it was touted as the best thing ever.

“If for a while the harder you try, the harder it gets, take heart. So it has been with the best people who ever lived.
Jeffery Holland
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3853 Posts

Posted - October 10 2021 :  08:55:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bandaidman

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Christian

quote:

Chris, the Fog you experience is the reason for me calling it that, although it goes farther than that. When I was working at a hospital and was taking it I got an order from a physician and walked probably 200 feet back to my area and forgot the order. I quit reloading for the last 2 years because my mind thinks I've checked everything but found that I had missed putting powder in a couple of 45 cases then seated the bullet. While the squip (my first EVER) thankfully with just the primer only pushed the bullet such that the next round would not seat saving me possible injury. Back when I first started I was taking 10 times the amount I'm now on just 300mg at night. It keeps me from cramps at night. Although I've found another way to help with the cramps that works almost as good. I drink about 12 oz of tonic water around dinner time. The quinine helps with the cramps.
Of note in the African countries that have malaria problems and use quinine for prevention they have a lower covid rate... hmm. Oh President Clinton caved to big pharma and banned it's use in the US. So even if you could get it you would be breaking the law if you brought it into the states. Funny thing Gabapentin came out the same time this came about. Oh it was touted as the best thing ever.

Thanks for the info, especially about the quinine. I have been having what seems to be increasing cases of temporary short term forgetfulness. The old "why did I walk into this room? Oh wait, I remember!." I just put it down to advancing years. Maybe not. Might re-think the amount of gabapentin I'm taking and see what happens.

Chris Christian
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1502 Posts

Posted - October 10 2021 :  09:49:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris, I have had memory loss ability after undergoing heart bypass. I woke up after surgery, and really noticed exactly what you posted. I talked with my surgeon and cardiologist and both said memory loss happens "sometimes," not always, after heart procedures. They said sometimes it gets better with time, but in a few it never goes totally away. I am of the latter, my memory loss has never gone away. I too had problems when I was taking 3 300 mg tablets of Gabapentin. The fogginess was why I dropped to 3 100 mg tablets, but neuropathy will not allow me to quit it completely. I think taking Gabap and Meloxicam is the only thing keeping me active.

My fogginess got better after I dropped the dosage. It had no effect on the memory loss ability that I have been able to notice. Wish I did not need to take any of these meds because most do have some type of side effects. I am 73 and really experiencing a lot of problems from abusing my body when I was younger. I have always worked hard doing, most of my life 2 jobs, and am now reaping the problems from that. Good luck with finding some relief.

Edited to add; I did find some 9 MM ammo, last week, but had to pay 19.95 for a box of 50 Blazer brass 115 gr, or 400.00 for a box of 1000 rounds of practice ammo. I know 40 cents is high, but I wanted to practice without using my stash all up. Kinda tired of shooting 22 LR only. S G has 1000 for 459.00 now.

Pop Pop

Edited by - Pop Pop on October 10 2021 09:56:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3853 Posts

Posted - October 10 2021 :  11:32:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Pop Pop. I'll cut down on the Gaba, but I also take Meloxicam and it has worked wonders for me. If I go 3 days without it my whole shoulder and neck area is on fire/ I found that out the hard way.

Chris Christian
Go to Top of Page

bandaidman
Advanced Member

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - October 11 2021 :  7:26:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Meloxicam and all NSADS even Advil/Ibuprofen have one thing in common. They are not friendly to your kidneys. By that you need to drink more than just a 8 oz glass of water if you are taking it. It can cause "acute renal failure where you just stop peeing. Once you stop taking it that USUALLY goes away. The other thing is I started taking NSADS in 1980 when I had my first bulging disk. Dr's being human sometimes forget that you are still taking whatever so I now try and remind them and they me. I say that because back in 2014 or so my renal function wasn't great, so since I was on a diuretic hydrochlorothiazide he stopped it. 2 days later I had excruciating pain in my feet. I had kind of twisted my ankle getting out of my brother in laws pickup and thought maybe it could be more than just a sprain, so I had them xray it. That didn't show anything so they did an MRI long story a bit shorter I found out that the NSADS and diuretic had given me Gout. Also it caused stage 3a renal failure. So no more NSADs. Since you aren't as young as I was when I started you probably ok, but I'd make sure your Doc checks your renal function from time to time and follows up on your meds. I used to teach a class to high school students to go along with their parent/child class they took. The teachers had me talk about drug and alcohol abuse in pregnancy. I showed 40 slides of babies that had various illnesses/defects and discussed the possibility that drugs could have caused it.
What most people don't realize is from the time egg and sperm come together to fertilize 60 days later you are essentially who you are going to be when you grow up. So if something caused a slight break in the development during that time you can have a baby with a defect.
Oh I have an article since then covered up but it showed research that smoking marijuana in men caused changes in the chromosomes in male sperm. (hey it's safe right?) A mom who smokes causes a baby to be small for age with various other problems.
Sorry for the rant, it still bugs me.
Anyway there is no such thing as a safe drug, they all have side effects you have to outweigh the bad side effects vs the good like pain free vs unable to function. Hope that helps a bit. As for tonic water I buy the cheap stuff from Krogers and on bad nights drink a full 2 liters. I have found that I can sometimes go every other day without taking a gabapentin. There is very little quinine in tonic water and if I wasn't so cheap maybe one with more would be cost effective. It is an acquired taste and not suggested to be taken with alcoholic beverages as they can make the reason you are taking gabapentin in the first place.

Jeffery Holland
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34875 Posts

Posted - October 12 2021 :  6:22:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had knee replacement surgery on the 5th and got off the narcotics asap. Still have Signiant pain but its clean pain!

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

J Wagner

225 Posts

Posted - October 19 2021 :  09:47:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bandaidman

Meloxicam and all NSADS even Advil/Ibuprofen have one thing in common. They are not friendly to your kidneys.

I developed a kidney stone a few years ago. My doctor looked at my medication list and saw I was taking Meloxicam and ibuprofren. He recommended I try turmeric instead. I did and it seemed to have the same effect on my joints, so I dropped the others and have stayed with turmeric.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.17seconds. Snitz Forums 2000