Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Lot Numbers
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Stopping Power
 Test Bed
 Lot Numbers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Frogfoot

USA
919 Posts

Posted - September 04 2021 :  03:17:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure if this is the right forum to post this, my apologies in advance if it is. My question however, is this: Why do some reloading component manufacturers make the lot number so hard to find and once found, so hard to read? Some have gotten the right idea and I only need a good magnifying glass to read the number/letter sequence, but others? Smudged, hidden, ran out of ink, cut in half while opening the box, etc. Is this just me?

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. - Sir Winston Churchill

gauchobill
Advanced Member

1197 Posts

Posted - September 04 2021 :  08:57:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not often do I have an interest in lot numbers. Sometimes I look at them just to see if boxes of the same caliber/load have the same lot number. I have never been able to distinguish one lot from another in the same load.
Go to Top of Page

Frogfoot

USA
919 Posts

Posted - September 06 2021 :  04:24:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With live ammo, I'm not really concerned, it's when I'm working up a handload that I have the issue as different lots of the same powder can vary slightly in burning speed or primers can vary in power. If a bullet manufacturer changes the length of the bearing surface in a new lot of a popular bullet without informing the shooting public, pressures can get too high real fast.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. - Sir Winston Churchill
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.06seconds. Snitz Forums 2000