Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - S&W Introduces 12 Gauge Bullpup
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 The Shotgun Center
 S&W Introduces 12 Gauge Bullpup
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Charlie Foxtrot
Average Member

306 Posts

Posted - August 18 2021 :  07:13:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just on Smith & Wessonís website and saw the M&P12 shotgun. Itís a 12 gauge bullpup. Iím not saying I want one, but some of you might be interested.

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1526 Posts

Posted - August 18 2021 :  08:51:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just watched a video demonstration on this shotgun. Interesting, but not in the market for one at this time. Did not show the price.

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page

Frogfoot

USA
923 Posts

Posted - August 18 2021 :  2:13:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks very much like a KelTec KSG to me. MSRP of $1165.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. - Sir Winston Churchill
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34897 Posts

Posted - August 18 2021 :  6:41:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no interest to me

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
5786 Posts

Posted - August 19 2021 :  10:00:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two tubular magazines holding seven rounds each? I guess that is to compete with the magazine fed pump guns with the heavy ungainly magazines hanging out the bottom. To what purpose? Because market research suggests the things will sell, I suppose. Or the fact that some folks enjoy the giggle factor of making lots of noise and blasting a lot of lead downrange. And that's not a sin. But is it realistic? When was the last time there was an extended civilian shotgun engagement?

Someone (Ralph Mroz?) wrote that gunfight distance is gunfight distance regardless of the weapons employed.

Gabe Suarez (yeah, I know...) has written that the most shotgun rounds he ever expended in a single incident was two. The most he ever heard of was five.

I think I'll pass, thanks. YMMV.

Jeff

jle3030
Go to Top of Page

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5638 Posts

Posted - August 20 2021 :  07:14:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope they enjoy it. If I buy another shotgun it'll be a 20 SxS and not regret it...

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...
Go to Top of Page

gauchobill
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - August 21 2021 :  08:43:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought the Keltec KSG about 7 years ago. Soon after, I began to wonder why. I'm not storming any multiple terrorist hideouts any time soon. So I traded it at a gun show for a Hechlor&Koch VP 9 (even swop), and I think I got the best end of that deal.
Go to Top of Page

Russ Larges

USA
2497 Posts

Posted - August 21 2021 :  10:26:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some one years back made a neat bullpup, maybe H&R.
Russ

The pistol, learn it well, carry it allways. Jeff Cooper
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
6053 Posts

Posted - August 21 2021 :  11:28:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I could envision a purpose for such a blaster, like maybe security at some power facilities or armored car guards; but probably not for, say, 'normal' home defense purposes. If you expect to need that much firepower to repel burglars, maybe it's time to either address paranoia issues, or think about changing neighborhoods. Then again, with the BLM and AntiFirstAmendment terrorist activity that's been going on.....

At the store, we got in one of the KelTec models, not long after the Shockwave-style came in. There were some who looked at them just for curiosity's sake, but the ones who seemed to be really interested in thinking about buying one were the type I'd be trying to figure out how to not sell them one--think 'gangbanger' stereotype. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?

Edited by - Ace on August 21 2021 11:29:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

WR Moore
Advanced Member

USA
1068 Posts

Posted - August 24 2021 :  10:21:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do believe Russ is speaking of the High Standard bullpup with a flashlight as part of the design. IIRC, the reliability (I recall it as a semi) was problematic. Ugly, awkward, seemed intended to be fired from an assault position.

Despite a habit of debussing in certain circumstances with a short barreled autoloader in my early years, I grew to view the shotgun as having an extremely limited roll in defensive use. The effective range is limited, effective training comparitively expensive and the whining about recoil tiresome. OTOH, the myth & legend frequently makes actual use unnecessary.

Beware the politically obsessed. They are often bright and interesting, but they have something missing in their natures, there is a hole, an empty place and they use politics to fill it up. It leaves them somehow misshapen. Peggy Noonan

Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1526 Posts

Posted - August 24 2021 :  10:44:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing wrong with a good 20 Ga pump for house defense. Mine works well with mini shells as well as the 2 other(buck,slugs). Past 50 yards, not so much. No use, for me, with a bull pup.

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page

Ten Driver
Advanced Member

2039 Posts

Posted - November 06 2021 :  12:27:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The S&W-Tec has already suffered its first recall.

Remember Evan's advice about not being the first kid on the block with the new toy . . .
Go to Top of Page

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
5786 Posts

Posted - November 06 2021 :  09:25:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the update. Color me not surprised. Firearms technology in search of practical application meets the reality of mass production in search of a saleable price point.

I turn 78 later this month. At some point I became old enough to achieve curmudgeon status. I used to have to admit to simple cynicism.

Jeff

jle3030
Go to Top of Page

Ten Driver
Advanced Member

2039 Posts

Posted - November 06 2021 :  1:29:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha! So, youíre saying I still have something to shoot for?
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.19seconds. Snitz Forums 2000