StoppingPower.net Forums
Home
Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Take a look at....
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Be Prepared
 Concealed Carry
 Take a look at....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5950 Posts

Posted - March 29 2021 :  12:41:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
....Ammoland Shooting Sports News for an instructive video on the joys and wisdom of open carry. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3794 Posts

Posted - March 29 2021 :  3:30:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ace

....Ammoland Shooting Sports News for an instructive video on the joys and wisdom of open carry. Ace

Ace, I didn't look at the video. But MHO is that Open Carry is stupid, and tactically dumb. It sets the carrier up as the 'first target'. It also invites a gun grab. Give me two willing accomplices, and with a bit of training I can take a gun away from any Open Carrier quickly.... and don't think the Gang Bangers don't know how to do this. It also can cause consternation among the citizenry, which may result in a LE interaction.
During my military days we adhered to Delta Delta Sierra (civilian speak is DDS) it stands for Don't Do Stupid.
I'm hoping the video you recommended mentioned some of the above.

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

Dave in PA
Average Member

USA
481 Posts

Posted - March 29 2021 :  4:14:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If Ace is referring to the video I found, his post is definitely tongue-in-cheek sarcastic. The video showed an open carrier get his firearm snatched and stolen.
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5950 Posts

Posted - March 29 2021 :  8:05:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tongue-in-cheek indeed. We need a TIC smiley, but I haven't been able to find one.

This video illustrates half of the reasons I explain in classes on the folly of open carry. If the 'good guy' had gotten shot first, it would have illustrated the other half--or maybe it should be thirds; the other reason is the bad advertisement for our side. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - March 30 2021 :  10:14:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see a lot of people open carrying in Mid TN now. I, too, think it not very wise to O C. Why set yourself up.

Edited to add; The state politicians have passed a form of permit less carry for the state of TN. All is lacking is the Governors sig and it was his bill that passed. He has said he will sign it. Of course the sheep are crying "doom and despair" and a few " The Sky Is Falling."

I have mixed feelings about it, but I suppose we will see, and time will tell.

Pop Pop

Edited by - Pop Pop on March 30 2021 10:19:15 AM
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.12seconds. Snitz Forums 2000