Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Nashville Police Shooting
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Real World
 Cop Corner
 Nashville Police Shooting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - March 12 2021 :  5:37:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had an Metro Officer involved in a shooting this morning. The (shooter)women has died. The Officer in in surgery for his wound in the side. The women was driving a car that the owner had 6 outstanding warrants, mostly drug related, although she was not the owner of the vehicle. He pulled her over and she opened fire on the Officer. They are not releasing much on the shooting, but the Officer was wearing a body camera and we should learn something in a while.

Prayers are needed for the officer.

Pop Pop

Charlie Foxtrot
Average Member

293 Posts

Posted - March 13 2021 :  07:51:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MNPD released the body camera and dash camera footage. During the incident, officer had offender step out of the car, but she kept returning to it. Apparent drugs were found during a search of offender’s bag. Offender was non compliant when the cuffs came out. She was subsequently tased (darts and contact) but was able to retrieve a handgun and shoot the officer. Officer returned fire, but offender was able to drive away. She crashed the car about a block away. Note that the taser failed so stop offender once again as it has in many other incidents, and the offender was able to flee despite being shot.

Edited by - Charlie Foxtrot on March 13 2021 08:00:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

dawei

USA
191 Posts

Posted - March 13 2021 :  1:47:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PRAYERS SENT!!!!!

David

Only two defining forces have ever died for you:
1. Jesus Christ.
2. American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, & Marine.
One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4given
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5950 Posts

Posted - March 13 2021 :  4:39:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayer up for the officer and his family. Never been a fan of tasers and stun guns, even after being one of the first in this area to have one. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
5687 Posts

Posted - March 14 2021 :  11:09:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Given the woman's large size, it would be interesting to know the particulars of the shooting's ballistic effects on her. (Beyond the obvious fact that the shots were ultimately fatal) For that matter the officer is no lightweight either. What did she shoot him with? Both parties were large enough that penetration depth or lack thereof could have been an issue.

Is Nashville showing any signs of protest over this shooting? I see that people are rioting again in various cities over the one year anniversary of the Breonna Taylor's demise. All spontaneous and coincidental of course...

jle3030
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - March 14 2021 :  2:09:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No rioting, that I am aware of, in or around Nashville. They released the dash cam and the officer was wearing a body cam and they released that film as well. Anyone with a brain cell clicking, can view it and see what happened. The women, became uncompliant when he started to cuff her after he found drugs in her purse and she had taken something out of her purse and put it in the floor prior to exiting the vehicle initially. She got away from him and went around the car, got in and he tazed her, which didn't work, the first few tries, but finally did when he stuck it to her arm. After he stopped tazing her, then she bent over picked up a gun, from the floor board, and he drew his, she fired then he returned fire. You can google News Channel 5 in Nashville and they have the cam films on their site if they haven't taken them down. Warning, they are graphics.

Looks clear to me, but others may see things differently.

Her mother was interviewed, by a local TV station shortly after and she wanted some to show her why her daughter was killed. She watched the released films, and now is saying the Officer should have handled the situation better. Apparently she blames the Officer for defending himself against her daughters attack. In her defense I would be distraught if it would have been my daughter. Feel sorry for her family.

Sad event. The officer is a member of the church and teaches Bible lessons and is a 15 year member of the MNPD.

Pop Pop

Edited by - Pop Pop on March 14 2021 2:12:07 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.08seconds. Snitz Forums 2000