Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Democratic Gun Tax
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other
 Miscellaneous
 Democratic Gun Tax
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1380 Posts

Posted - January 11 2021 :  08:30:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seen a couple articles that said the new Pres is touting a 200.00 tax on semi autos and 200.00 on each high compacity magazines on all guns, even the ones one posses now. If my math is correct???? cost a man 600.00 for his Glock 19 with 2 mags. Wouzer! Just look at what your pistol owners are looking forward too.

Don't think it can't happen, the mayor of Nashville just raised property tax 34% in one year. This is for the whole county because they have a metro(combined) gov. His reasoning, no tourist, no tax money coming in, and Nash needs the money. By the way he shut Nashville down and still has his fist on most businesses that can't operate at full strength or compacity.

Hope the new tax does not make it. If so, I will be selling mine to the Gov. Can't live with that tax.

Pop Pop

Edited by - Pop Pop on January 11 2021 08:32:28 AM

Evan
Administrator

34782 Posts

Posted - January 11 2021 :  10:42:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who knows, but be o good cheer

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5890 Posts

Posted - January 11 2021 :  11:44:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a tiny drip of what to expect. Another subject came up at the Spit'n'Whittle club---how soon can we expect them to start confiscating IRA and retirement savings, to be re-distributed to those 'less fortunate' (that is, those who didn't plan ahead, as much as they were capable)?

Pop, I'm curious; where were these articles? Not disbelieving, just would like to read it myself---might give me 'backup' when the subject comes up with the other side. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1380 Posts

Posted - January 11 2021 :  2:37:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ace, I got a notification, on my e-mail, from Massad Ayoob blog last Friday, and read another in a gun magazine a couple weeks ago. If I can get more specific I will post it. I deleted Ayoob's post.

Mass's blog is the Backwoods Home Magazine site he writes for. It was posted Jan 10. Google the mag and add his Name/blog. I just did and the article came up on the left side of the screen. Can't find the gun mag article.

Pop Pop

Edited by - Pop Pop on January 11 2021 4:25:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
5659 Posts

Posted - January 11 2021 :  5:53:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A gun tax strikes me as a means of messing with gun owners and raising money while locating the guns for confiscation. Any cooperation will just whet the Dems' appetite for further incursions.

Jeff

jle3030
Go to Top of Page

heavyweight

USA
866 Posts

Posted - January 12 2021 :  10:42:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They'll come after the ammo and hi-cap mags with taxes, fees, etc.
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1380 Posts

Posted - January 13 2021 :  7:19:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My thoughts are they are going to try and tax guns out of reach for the average person to afford.

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page

zeke
Average Member

294 Posts

Posted - January 14 2021 :  10:28:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pretty sure the plan was spelled out on his campaign website to tax and register "assault type rifles" like silencers etc. With a tax exempt for registering already owned ones.
Go to Top of Page

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
5659 Posts

Posted - January 15 2021 :  11:25:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zeke

Pretty sure the plan was spelled out on his campaign website to tax and register "assault type rifles" like silencers etc. With a tax exempt for registering already owned ones.

The old carrot and stick game. Any bets on how long from the time you register your guns until they're confiscated? Question: If you pay the tax aren't you also registering the guns?

Jeff

jle3030

Edited by - jle3030 on January 15 2021 11:27:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

zeke
Average Member

294 Posts

Posted - January 15 2021 :  2:30:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you treat "assault" weapons like a NFA item with tax stamp, they most certainly are registering them.
Go to Top of Page

Deputy25
Advanced Member

USA
1016 Posts

Posted - January 15 2021 :  4:16:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm guessing compliance would be pretty low, sort of like New Zealand. Lots of horrible boating accidents, firearms lost in the briny depths and all that.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5890 Posts

Posted - January 15 2021 :  8:34:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just as an experiment, do the googly thing on 'hiding stuff from the Feds', and see how soon the black helicopters and SUV's show up. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5890 Posts

Posted - January 16 2021 :  7:58:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And now Shotgun Joe plans to raise the minimum wage to $15. Check off another on the list of Progressive wants. Ace

Go to Top of Page

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
5659 Posts

Posted - January 18 2021 :  1:31:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How long do you figure until the Dems rediscover the Saturday Night Special argument?

Jeff

jle3030
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1380 Posts

Posted - January 18 2021 :  4:15:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If they get their way, and I don't see why they wouldn't since the control both houses and the presidency, gun laws will be a changing. Just google sleepy Joe's web page/gun safety, if it is still up, and look at his gun safety proposals. It will open your eyes. I am reading an article in the November Guns and Ammo pended by Keith Wood. Just a few items, 200.00 for NFA registration on you semi-autos and 200.00 on each magazine over 10 rounds. All firearm transfers go through NIX. Plans to register millions of privately owned firearms and on an on. He plans to remove protection for firearms manufacturers so they can be held responsible for criminals using their wares to commit felonies. Ar-15 will be taken and on and on. The page is 11 pages long of what he wants in the name of "sensible gun safety laws."

Like i said, "Bumpy Ride" guys. Frightening, May-Be????

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page

Deputy25
Advanced Member

USA
1016 Posts

Posted - January 18 2021 :  4:49:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to be an astronaut. That isnít going to happen either.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5890 Posts

Posted - January 18 2021 :  8:41:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And now our nation's capital is under military occupation---with vetting of the troops (some from every state, reportedly) to be sure none are Trump supporters or voted the wrong way.

Welcome to the USSA. Ace

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.17seconds. Snitz Forums 2000