Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - thunder ranch
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Wheelgun Chronicles
 thunder ranch
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Russ Larges

USA
2458 Posts

Posted - November 18 2020 :  6:53:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looked at a TR325, well used and shot alot. I know who owned it and who worked it over. Very light double action trigger, hammer spur chopped, don't know what else, lots of white showing on it. They still wanted 750.00 for it, to much I think. I really want .45 acp wheel gun but I will pass on this one.
Russ

The pistol, learn it well, carry it allways. Jeff Cooper

Redheeler
Starting Member

USA
31 Posts

Posted - November 18 2020 :  7:45:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, Iíd like to find one also but it is rather doubtful in todayís market. Maybe after all this blows over and some people decide they really donít want to keep a gun around any more.
Go to Top of Page

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5546 Posts

Posted - November 18 2020 :  8:02:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm slowly looking for a shorter barrel pre-lock 625. Moon clips, .45 big bore. .45 ball ammo for training.

I think wheel guns will be the only handguns to survive near gestapo gun grabbing.

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1321 Posts

Posted - November 19 2020 :  08:25:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arv I am in somewhat agreement with you, but I don't think it will go that deep to start. I think they will attack the AR's and large compacity magazines.

As of late I have been using 44 Spl in my Mdl 629 as a house gun. I gave my Sig mdl 250 45 away to one of my S I Laws. Gave the Remington 1911 A1 to grandson. I know a lot of you guys are 45 guys but I have never joined in the love for that caliber. My favorites are Revolvers. Always have been and really like the 357 Mag. That is my EDC and has been for 14 years now. If I go semiauto I carry MP 9MM.

If worse comes to worse I pretty well have all bases covered in different guns. Got levers, bolts, shotguns, and pistols and revolvers. We know Joe likes shotguns! We will see what shakes out. I do have a Ruger Ranch Hand 223/556 which is not black. Just never have seen the beauty some have seen in the 45's, but your love for that caliber is fine with me. Most have personal preferences in their chosen calibers. If Georgia goes Demo we are in serious trouble and only the Supreme Court will make a difference. We are blessed with Trump's last appointment to the S C.

God Bless America. Pray for her, I do.

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5546 Posts

Posted - November 19 2020 :  8:51:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pop pop, I hade a 4 inch 629 and really liked it. I sold it for double my cost of it after a shoulder injury and fearing magnum loads would be hard on me and I had no need for a .44 Mag revolver for hunting in my area.

I hope we don't fall victim to strict and harsh gun control laws.

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...
Go to Top of Page

Ten Driver
Advanced Member

1981 Posts

Posted - November 20 2020 :  02:07:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arv, I hate to disagree, but I donít think any of them are safe from the grabbers.
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5830 Posts

Posted - November 20 2020 :  08:31:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TOM story: Couple decades ago, when I worked at a bait'n'archery shop, one of the guys who spent a lot of time there just talking and pontificating believed that when 'they' start coming door-to-door and confiscating our guns, 'they' would only be allowed to take those which are 'on paper'. So when 'they' took your new AR or whatever that the gun shop has on file, 'they' wouldn't be allowed to take Great Grampaw's old .30-30 that has been passed down through the family, because there would be no paper trail on it, even if it was hanging on the rack next to the evil AR. He wouldn't be convinced that when 'they' come, anything 'gun' that you have goes into the pile.

I hope he's right..... Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
5629 Posts

Posted - November 20 2020 :  08:44:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
+1 to Ten Driver's post. They will try to boil us like frogs. Don't want to "sell" us your AR, AK and Grandpa's Browning Auto 5? That's OK. Just register them, pay the tax, and we'll send Beto and a couple cops around to pick them up with the next round of common sense re-regulations. And by the way, we've figured out that those evil double action revolvers can be fired with each pull of the trigger. They're just as bad as automatics!! Any bets on how long it takes them to revive the term Saturday Night Special?

Jeff

jle3030

Edited by - jle3030 on November 20 2020 08:46:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1321 Posts

Posted - November 20 2020 :  10:03:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You guys are predicting "gloom and despair" on our guns. I "somewhat" agree, but I think it will be harder than they think. That second amendment has to be set aside first and I would be surprised if the Dems can accomplish that. For sure since to set it aside a majority of states has to ratify that.

The S court gave them permission to regulate the second A and that is how they will attack our right. A lot of what they will be able to do is dependent on what happens with Georgia and the 2 runoff races there. If the repubs can hold the senate it will really limit what the dems can do on serious regulation. Other organizations, like NRA and SDI etc, will fight it out in courts and don't forget. In the past those reps, in states that are gun friendly, will have to answer to their voters on election day as well.

I agree they will do what they can, but am hopeful it wont get all our guns. The Repubs in Georgia had better get out and vote or we might live you guys prognostications for sure. The future is not bright, and dare say it could come to the situation like England. They basically have outlawed self defense in that country.

Edited to add; Russ's 45 wheel gun and my 4" 629 will be toast, if they get their way??????

Pop Pop

Edited by - Pop Pop on November 20 2020 10:17:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Two Bears
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - November 23 2020 :  02:37:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently consolidated my handguns to .45 ACP and .22LR so I have all my handguns in those calibers only. That are the two calibers I have been buying ammo in for a while now.

I posted elsewhere that I have a Springfield XD .45 ACP and an Apex Tactical Custom S&W 625 JM 4" .45 ACP with a few hundred full moon clips. It is one sweet revolver. You can find some steals on the net if you keep track of the major gun shops online that buy estate sales and trade ins; some times as I have. But you have to be ready to act fast with cash in hand to get the real deals as they go extremely fast as soon as they hit the net!That is how I got my Apex Tactical at a far less price than you would believe and it came with holsters, ammo carriers, loading and unloading gear for the moon clips, hundreds of new full moon clips, as well as everything needed to start shooting in revolver competition included for free with the revolver. There were three full competition rigs dirt cheap but they only lasted a couple of days. I bought the first and largest set of everything as I just luckily was checking the site when they were listed.

Watch your six.
Go to Top of Page

gauchobill
Advanced Member

1166 Posts

Posted - November 25 2020 :  11:20:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sad to say, Pop Pop, but the gun grabbers don't have to set aside the 2d Amendment. Its protection for the individual's right to have/use a firearm is a matter of interpretation of the language of that Amendment. If the demagogue party packs the Supreme Court with their own liberal favorites, the then liberal majority could interpret us individuals out of the current interpretive cases by construing the Amendment in a way that only provides weapons for the "militia" which they would hold is only inclusive of the Armed Forces of the USA.
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1321 Posts

Posted - November 25 2020 :  12:46:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At least Trump loaded the present court with conservative judges for the near future. Who knows how Roberts will swing?

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
5629 Posts

Posted - November 26 2020 :  12:01:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those keeping score, Justice Roberts sided with the Libs and wrote the dissenting opinion on the 5-4 vote enjoining Governor Cuomo from enforcing his onerous 10 or 25 person limit on NYC church services. New Justice Amy Coney Barrett sided with the other four Conservatives to swing the vote. If Ruth Bader Ginsberg were still alive the vote would predictably have gone the other way.

Roberts rationalized (he's good at that) that Cuomo had eased the restrictions as soon as the lawsuit was filed against him, so no harm, no foul. Gorsuch opined that the suit needed to be upheld to prevent Cuomo or anyone else from doing the same thing all over again.

Some of those churches are really big. Limiting worshipers to only 10 or even 25 people at a time is social distancing on steroids. I can only conclude that there is another agenda at work here. In short, teaching people to bend their knees to the government, not to their God.

Jeff

jle3030

Edited by - jle3030 on November 26 2020 12:08:04 PM
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.11seconds. Snitz Forums 2000