Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - 2021?
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Be Prepared
 Emergency Preparedness
 2021?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Evan
Administrator

34735 Posts

Posted - November 01 2020 :  3:43:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm convinced we'll look back at 2020 with fondness

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5546 Posts

Posted - November 01 2020 :  4:50:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You having that "Gut feeling" too?

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34735 Posts

Posted - November 01 2020 :  5:19:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup! Big Time

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5546 Posts

Posted - November 01 2020 :  6:39:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I could see all kinds of problems. Evan my daughter in law has her home school lessons & reference materials all in paper for the kids. I told her the web could crash, or even worse. Am I thinking to far out of the box? Better to be prepared than surprised and not prepared...

Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34735 Posts

Posted - November 02 2020 :  12:22:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amazon sells emp proof bags

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5830 Posts

Posted - November 02 2020 :  5:16:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm convinced that whoever stays in/moves into the White House, the sun will still come up the next day. It's just a question of whether it shines down on America, or Amerika.

I think it's worth noting that if Trump wins, we can realistically expect 'peaceful demonstrations' in the form of even more burned buildings, LEO's injured/killed by bricks/rocks/frozen water bottles/motor vehicles/bullets etc., not to mention 'civilians' who will likely be injured/killed in like manner, by the Left Wingers faction; if Biden wins, we can realistically expect the Conservative faction to spend a day or two mourning, then buckle down and prepare to oppose him politically and legally, with no Conservative-initiated bloodshed (actually we'll be opposing Kamala, when Joe is taken out of the picture). What a difference an outlook makes. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

oldmuleskinner

990 Posts

Posted - November 11 2020 :  11:12:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We each need to pray daily for God to bless America.

Each of us is an innkeeper, and we decide if there is room for Jesus.
Neal A. Maxwell
Go to Top of Page

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5546 Posts

Posted - November 12 2020 :  9:36:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If Biden gets his way, he may very well try to put the whole country on a 6 week lockdown. Can he do it? How will it go over? Regardless, you need to be prepared.

I hit Sams Club this evening and loaded up a few cans of goods and hit dollar store for toilet paper. Last crisis we never ran low but I know many who went to paper dinner napkins and anything else they could find.

Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34735 Posts

Posted - November 13 2020 :  12:41:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm really thankful we started this whole food storage thing over 50 years ago!

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1321 Posts

Posted - November 15 2020 :  2:24:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We to Sams last Friday. No toilet paper, no paper towels, and only 1 bundle of napkins like I purchase for home use. Also some of the food stuffs we use was not in stock. They are broadcasting shortages all the while pancaking people. Going to be turkey shopping on Tuesday for thanksgiving. Got a large ham in freezer just in case.

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page

fiasconva
Average Member

USA
286 Posts

Posted - November 15 2020 :  3:29:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pop Pop, I was in my local Walmart Friday and they had a ton of turkeys, all sizes. The trend is for smaller turkeys this year because of Covid limitations on family gatherings.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34735 Posts

Posted - November 15 2020 :  4:53:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
get lots of water

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

oldmuleskinner

990 Posts

Posted - November 16 2020 :  12:14:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been encouraging my friends to stock up...it isn't money wasted, if everything works out for the best, they will just have extra food and supplies that they can use and not have to buy anything for a while.

Better to be safe than sorry!

Each of us is an innkeeper, and we decide if there is room for Jesus.
Neal A. Maxwell
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5830 Posts

Posted - November 16 2020 :  10:10:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As to stocking up on water, I like the idea of used pop bottles; clean them out good, fill them with water, and stack them up like cord wood. We have some in the basement, and the water seems to stay fresh and potable for years. Even keeping and refilling the little water bottles to tuck away is an idea. Maybe not as impressive as stacking cases of water, but we're talking survival, not aesthetics. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

ASCTLC

763 Posts

Posted - November 16 2020 :  12:25:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being on well water, I use an appropriately measured amount of bleach in the water I store. Even though it is stored in a cool basement and away from sunlight I still take that small precaution to ensure the water is safe much later if we had to rely on it.

If you're on city water you may not (likely not?) have this additional precaution because the water is likely already chlorinated (and overly so from my experience). If I drink from the tap at a friend's house in town I find the water unpalatable from the excessive chlorine taste.

Storing in 5gal containers also makes it easy for us to dump and replace on occasion. We usually dump and replace in the fall in prep for possible winter multi-day power outages.
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34735 Posts

Posted - November 16 2020 :  1:48:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Look at Water Bobs! They can be place in your bathtub and will hold 100 gallons water. Amazon has them and we have one for each bathtubs in our house. There almost always clues when things are about to go in the toilet!

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

ASCTLC

763 Posts

Posted - November 16 2020 :  2:28:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We clean and disinfect our bathtub for filling when we know a severe blizzard is coming. Wile we don't intend to drink from it that water source is useful for flushing toilets, washing whatever, etc to save the bottled stuff for safe consumption. That's enough water to last quite a while.
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1321 Posts

Posted - November 17 2020 :  8:04:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have 14, 32 bottle cases in my Pantry for drinking water. Also have about 5 months food on hand. Some of it depends on electricity, which I don't like, but? Am thinking of purchasing a good size portable generator, but they are a lot of trouble to maintain. Our electricity has only been off 4 times, because of emergencies, in 37 years.

What do you all think about prepackaged meals? I see where one can purchase 25 meals per bucket. There is a company in Cookeville TN that manufactures them, and they have a outlet store where one can get a fair price on them. I have thought of purchasing a few buckets for insurance.

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page

Frogfoot

USA
886 Posts

Posted - November 20 2020 :  9:57:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They're pricey, but the Katadyn Pocket Filter would be a good idea in an emergency, especially when on the move and travelling light. The filter is good for 50,000 liters (a touch over 13,200 gallons) and it's made in Switzerland. They also offer the Steripen (among others), which uses ultraviolet light to purify the water you've collected.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. - Sir Winston Churchill
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34735 Posts

Posted - November 23 2020 :  11:35:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got back from a quick trip to Houston and folks are fairly paranoid about the bug there and we're driving to PA after thanksgiving and there the govt is bonkers over things!

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.14seconds. Snitz Forums 2000