Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Pepper Spray
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Be Prepared
 Emergency Preparedness
 Pepper Spray
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Uncle Mike
Advanced Member

1696 Posts

Posted - October 22 2020 :  06:51:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I listened to a lady and her daughter trapped in her auto by demonstrators. It was a political commercial but a true event. I was thinking that if she had a pepper spray canister especially the new gel, she may have scattered the miscreants; any ideas or comments ? Mike

Edited by - Uncle Mike on October 22 2020 06:52:47 AM

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5800 Posts

Posted - October 22 2020 :  07:51:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd think, for that type of situation, a big can of bear spray rather than the 'personal' size most folks carry. Plus, if you're gonna use it from a car, it would be wise to figure out a way from letting any of it get in the car; that would cause a 'gas chamber' effect for all the occupants--which could make it really difficult to see to drive. Wouldn't want to get incapacitated and put you at the mercy of the peaceful demonstrators. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - October 22 2020 :  08:21:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, potential blow back from any 'non-lethal' spray could have a very negative impact on the user. More than a few LEOs have used the stuff on a perp, got it on themselves while securing the miscreant, and regretted it.

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

Uncle Mike
Advanced Member

1696 Posts

Posted - October 22 2020 :  11:35:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, that's why I mentioned "gel" type. The gel is supposed to help on stopping blow back. I read that's why this was developed; it new to me. Thanks for the posts, regards, Mike
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - October 22 2020 :  11:48:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have my doubts about how effective any of those sprays are. I have seen the video of the guy in Denver spraying the so-called 'security guard', while the guard was drilling a round into his head. Didn't seem to affect the guard much.

We can debate whether or not the guy with the spray was in the right, or wrong. But the bottom line is it didn't work.

I'm a big fan of bottom lines

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5515 Posts

Posted - October 23 2020 :  04:46:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In a situation where I am trapped in a car, unless it's sinking in water or on fire I'm staying in it and if it runs I'm moving slowly out of danger. I'd use my camera phone or let my passenger record the threats and attempts to harm us. I am not going to sit still and let me get dragged out & beaten. AVOIDANCE and leaving plenty of space between vehicles is important.
Pepper Spray? YES, it can come back on you. It does take a few seconds to kick in effectively. But I like it. ALOT. I recently bought s couple of cans of Sabre Pepper Gel and was very impressed with it. I'm a old OC "Instructor - Instructor" from back in 99 and I've heard salesman and officers ( not cops) tell pure nonsense about how his brand is effective and everything else is junk. I like FOX Labs, Freeze +P, and Sabre Gel personally but I've seen several others work. go buy TWO. Train / practice with the first one, then if you like it carry the second. A cheap price to learn how far your spray will go, etc.

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.14seconds. Snitz Forums 2000