StoppingPower.net Forums
Home
Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Mass Exodus Coming?
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Real World
 Cop Corner
 Mass Exodus Coming?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

oldmuleskinner

965 Posts

Posted - June 10 2020 :  10:23:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I worked for the Seattle Fire Department for 14 years back in the 70's and 80's. My last station before I was promoted to Lieutenant was just a couple of blocks from the new "Autonomous Zone" on Capitol Hill...6 city blocks that were just surrendered to Antifa and other radical groups. This area included the East Police Precinct that was vacated by the police. Now it looks like the city's West Precinct is going in the same direction...that precinct houses the 911 call center. Unbelievable??? Not really...the entire city council and mayor's office are big time liberals and self-declared communists.

It will be interesting to see how many LEOs in the big liberal cities will be making lateral transfers to smaller, more conservative areas where they are mostly appreciated, instead of hated.

I know that the largest departments in Spokane County are running short on manpower, but I think that there are probably a lot of officers from the LEFT side of our state who will be looking at taking positions over here. Their loss will be our gain.

Each of us is an innkeeper, and we decide if there is room for Jesus.
Neal A. Maxwell

Charlie Foxtrot
Average Member

265 Posts

Posted - June 10 2020 :  10:33:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oldmuleskinner

It will be interesting to see how many LEOs in the big liberal cities will be making lateral transfers to smaller, more conservative areas where they are mostly appreciated, instead of hated.

I know that the largest departments in Spokane County are running short on manpower, but I think that there are probably a lot of officers from the LEFT side of our state who will be looking at taking positions over here. Their loss will be our gain.

Nationwide, with the pending threats of defunding, I wouldn't be surprised to see LEOs change to different careers, especially if they don't have much time invested into their pensions. Many of those with time on will likely be considering retirement.
Go to Top of Page

Ten Driver
Advanced Member

1970 Posts

Posted - June 12 2020 :  11:55:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even if they don’t physically walk, their hearts and minds will no longer be committed. We’re already seeing that. The media calls it “depolicing,” but it’s basically a crushed spirit and morale.
Go to Top of Page

fiasconva
Average Member

USA
283 Posts

Posted - June 12 2020 :  3:27:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard that the occupiers were asking for food donations because the homeless people in the "Zone" stole all their food. How funny is that???

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

oldmuleskinner

965 Posts

Posted - June 12 2020 :  6:12:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday I talked with a friend who is a local deputy. He said that his department has received a bunch of calls in the last week from Seattle officers inquiring about lateral transfers. Since Washington has a state wide pension plan, they can transfer without losing any of their time in service. They might lose a little on the pay side, but the cost of living is considerably lower in NE Washington, and it is an immeasurably better place to live and to work. A home in the Spokane area sells for about 50-60% of what it would cost in the Seattle area.

Older officers would probably ride out their time and retire, but newer ones should be highly tempted to move, considering what is happening to their city.

Neal A. Maxwell
Go to Top of Page

Frogfoot

USA
879 Posts

Posted - June 12 2020 :  10:14:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it did, I wouldn't blame them a bit. The way Seattle (and other liberal municipalities) treats its police, a part of me wants to see them leave so that the clowns that are perpetrating this idiocy can wallow in their own filth.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. - Sir Winston Churchill
Go to Top of Page

Nanuk

USA
835 Posts

Posted - June 12 2020 :  10:15:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sure am glad I retired 9 years ago.

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." Gen. George Patton
Go to Top of Page

Bill D
Advanced Member

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - June 16 2020 :  4:22:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saw the mayor of Seattle on TV talking about love and be nice, I swear she sounded like she just smoked a joint and was in la, la land. Great to see the site up and running again. This virus has really upset things. Just pray to God the virus will end soon. Bill D[

Bill D

Edited by - Bill D on June 16 2020 4:24:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34704 Posts

Posted - June 16 2020 :  7:32:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I retired from Detroit PD 31 years ago. In the mid 70's our Commissioner thought we ought to be tried for murder in a controversial fatal shooting. He thought that once we had been acquitted all the hysteria would vanish. I asked this dope (retired FBI)if we were convicted would I get overtime until I died?

We were sued for 17.5 million dollars and an all Black jury gave his family $66,000.

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Dave in PA
Average Member

USA
456 Posts

Posted - June 16 2020 :  7:37:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I retired six years ago and moved to a small (less than 4K people) town to get away from that nonsense.

I still talk to and meet with a number of current officers of all ages. To a person, they have all expressed more interest in finding a new line of work. Two guys in particular are retiring sooner than they had planned. And these officers (young and old, male and female) are all excellent officers with strong work ethics and drive. There are a lot of people with diverse training that will leave the department lacking in officers with experience. That thing that you can't buy.

I hope the general public speaks up and lets the street cops know that they still support them or the public just might get what they think they want.
Go to Top of Page

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
5613 Posts

Posted - June 16 2020 :  9:32:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The way things are today any police officer involved in any sort of shooting of a person of color can pretty much expect to be hung out to dry by city leadership.

Life is too short; the pay's not worth it; and family strain is too great. There are better ways to live.

Personally I believe we have reached the point where things will have to get a lot worse before they can get better.

Jeff

jle3030
Go to Top of Page

dubiousone

648 Posts

Posted - June 20 2020 :  11:10:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a sad state of affairs for sure. There are areas in the Country where calling 9-1-1 isn't effective. Nobody is coming. I never thought I would see that. Apparently, there are still Atlanta PD officers still calling in sick. a CNN article dated today as of two hours ago (Yeah, I know LOL, but its one of the few articles I could even find just now) said two out of six districts had a majority of officers called in for the third day.

I won't disagree with the actions of the Atlanta officer, I saw the videos. I spent a good part of my career teaching firearms, taser and use of force. When the mayor called for his firing immediately, which the chief apparently did and then resigned, what message does that send? When the DA charges the officers before GBI has completed their investigation stating a number of inaccuracies (I'm being kind here) regarding events during his press conference, jails both officers one of which is now (or not, according to his lawyer) a cooperating witness its hardly a surprise why they are doing what they're doing.

Of course no one points to the media when they publicize certain incidents but not others, when they "stretch" the truth or simply ignore what they don't like. Other than calls to defund the police, no one has proposed any real solutions at this point. But that is not what "they" want. There is more behind this and it would seem they have finally gotten what they always wanted.

Expert? I ain't no expert, just a
Reasonably Knowledgeable Individual...
Go to Top of Page

oldmuleskinner

965 Posts

Posted - June 21 2020 :  02:33:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is beyond my ability to understand how some deaths get so much focus and most others...not so much. As of 11pm (CST) today, Chicago has had 53 homicides so far this month, out of 345 shootings. For the year, it is 1511 shootings with 298 dead. 75% were black. We sure don't hear much about those black lives on the news. Each one of these deaths mattered to someone.

Last year, the homicide clearance rate in the Windy City was 12.2%. Apparently everyone in these deadly neighborhoods can't see very well, or they want to keep seeing and therefor can't talk.

So far this year, police officers in Chicago have been involved in 7 shootings and during the same time, 4 officers have been shot. I can see the day coming where the crime and deaths in our Demon-crat run cities will go through the roof (as if it hasn't already). It will be interesting to see how Minneapolis, Chicago, St. Louis, Baltimore, New Orleans, Washington DC, etc, will do in finding quality men and women who will want to put their lives on the line, when already their lives seem to be worth nothing to the idiots running their cities! Chicago is nowhere near the top of the list of US cities, as far as murder rates go!

I will be forever grateful that my folks moved our family to the Pacific Northwest from Chicago when I was in the 8th grade! To be completely accurate, we didn't live in Chicago proper...we were 9 to 10 miles from the worst homicide neighborhoods in the city. It bothers me enough that every day I check a website that has comprehensive, up to date stats on the murders in Chicago. I have to wonder how many of my childhood friends from back then (in the 50's and 60's) are still in the area.

Neal A. Maxwell
Go to Top of Page

Frogfoot

USA
879 Posts

Posted - June 22 2020 :  01:20:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've wondered what kind of people will put on the uniform once the good police officers have been run off by their administration after having been thrown under the bus one too many times.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. - Sir Winston Churchill
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5800 Posts

Posted - June 22 2020 :  11:35:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Useta be, when a youngster would ask what they should do to prepare for a law enforcement career, I'd suggest they also prepare for a different career, in case they find out the police work isn't for them. Nowadays I'd strongly suggest they consider a career as a pastry chef or dog walker instead. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

oldmuleskinner

965 Posts

Posted - June 22 2020 :  12:57:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well that didn't take long...the MTD totals for Chicago are now up to 60 dead out of 406 shot.

After Chicago defunds the police, they probably will be recruiting pastry chefs and dog walkers to take their spots. I can see it now...when there is a shooting, the city will send out a re-marked CPD car (no light bar or antennas) with a cook carrying baked goodies and a comfort dog handler, just to make everybody feel better. That should take care of things.

Neal A. Maxwell
Go to Top of Page

oldmuleskinner

965 Posts

Posted - June 22 2020 :  2:53:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh...I forgot to mention, one of the deaths was a 3 year old child. Where is the uproar?

Neal A. Maxwell
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5800 Posts

Posted - June 22 2020 :  3:23:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OSBLM---Only Some Black Lives Matter. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.16seconds. Snitz Forums 2000