Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - 2A RALLY IN RICHMOND, VA
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other
 Miscellaneous
 2A RALLY IN RICHMOND, VA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

varetfed

USA
160 Posts

Posted - January 21 2020 :  09:19:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 2A rally in Richmond was attended by an estimated 22,000 folks who came from as far away as Texas and Oklahoma. There was not one incident or arrest. Many in the group sang patriotic songs and exchanged pleasantries with strangers. Our disgrace of a governor had made several statements that the rally would be attended mostly by those who posed a threat to the peace and security of Richmond.

VARETFED

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - January 21 2020 :  12:35:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heard news reports of the arrest of people just because they stated, beforehand, they were going to attend that rally. Just how that is legal, I don't know. Since when do thoughts and intentions of attending a function gets one arrested?

Pop Pop

Edited by - Pop Pop on January 21 2020 12:36:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

fiasconva
Average Member

USA
277 Posts

Posted - January 21 2020 :  3:35:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Local news stations carried the stories several times. All but one of our local stations seemed genuinely disappointed that no violence or arrests happened.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

Deputy25
Advanced Member

USA
1004 Posts

Posted - January 21 2020 :  8:28:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had some relatives that participated. They sent pictures of participants of all races, mingling together with their rifles. There was a trans group there with a rainbow Gadsden flag. They said that the Richmond Police and the VSP were very cordial toward the rally participants. Virginia Capitol Police were as well. Seeing all of these folks together peaceably assembling had to be a HUGE disappointment for the media. Sort of blew up the white nationalist/nazi rally thing. Lots of nazis and nationalists of various colors, genders, political bents all participating together.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
Go to Top of Page

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
5595 Posts

Posted - January 22 2020 :  11:08:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to have heard some of the banter back and forth between police and demonstrators. My bet is that is was overwhelmingly positive. Another thing the MSM is unlikely to report.

Did I read that law enforcement officers are included in the anti gun ban on state capitol grounds? That couldn't possibly be well received.

Jeff

jle3030
Go to Top of Page

fiasconva
Average Member

USA
277 Posts

Posted - January 22 2020 :  3:55:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our local news rag tried to put a negative racist spin on the rally saying it was frequented by mostly white men with no minorities represented. It was the only one in this area trying a tactic like this but didn't surprise me one bit.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

Deputy25
Advanced Member

USA
1004 Posts

Posted - January 22 2020 :  9:53:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jle3030

I'd like to have heard some of the banter back and forth between police and demonstrators. My bet is that is was overwhelmingly positive. Another thing the MSM is unlikely to report.

Did I read that law enforcement officers are included in the anti gun ban on state capitol grounds? That couldn't possibly be well received.

Jeff

Aside from one Richmond officer on 9th St. who was ordering folks to remove the magazines from their rifles, interaction with the police was very cordial according to my brothers.

Go to Top of Page

oldmuleskinner

940 Posts

Posted - January 22 2020 :  10:08:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard that there were about 16,000 of the demonstrators that had guns on them.

Imagine that 16,000 guns and no one was shot!

Isn't it true that guns kill people? Go figure...

Each of us is an innkeeper, and we decide if there is room for Jesus.
Neal A. Maxwell
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - January 23 2020 :  08:03:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought the Governor restricted/banned guns at this rally. What happened if they estimated 16,000 guns were there? You mean 16,000 people didn't listen to the VA Governor!!! "WOW"!!!!

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page

RLS

USA
760 Posts

Posted - January 23 2020 :  12:08:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pop Pop

I thought the Governor restricted/banned guns at this rally. What happened if they estimated 16,000 guns were there? You mean 16,000 people didn't listen to the VA Governor!!! "WOW"!!!!

The Capitol grounds were banned of mere peons being armed. The outer property was Open Carry territory.

Rick
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5771 Posts

Posted - January 23 2020 :  12:14:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know I'd feel much safer if people were not allowed loaded magazines in their rifles and had to carry them in a coat pocket or something..... Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

Deputy25
Advanced Member

USA
1004 Posts

Posted - January 23 2020 :  5:46:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All of those armed people and not one ND.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.16seconds. Snitz Forums 2000