Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Firearms Tests Requests
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other
 StoppingPower.net Site News
 Firearms Tests Requests
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Stephen A. Camp

659 Posts

Posted - June 12 2003 :  10:27:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello. If you'd like to see a "range report" type article on a particular handgun, let me know. I do not have all handguns out there, but will do the request if possible or will do one on a handgun as close to the model specified as I can.

As I can, I'll start moving some that have been previously done in the "Test Bed" area. There will not be pictures, but hopefully the links to my album containing the picture in question will handle the visual end of the reports.

As to the "stopping power" of ammunition used, there are folks here more qualified than I to recommend. I do try and buy some of the more popular JHPs and shoot them in the gun, but that's mainly to provide an idea as to intrinsic accuracy and feed reliability, felt recoil, etc. The "scientific mud expansion tests" are there, but as noted, included just for fun.

Again, I don't own every model out there, but will do what I can.

Best.

GLV

USA
8866 Posts

Posted - June 13 2003 :  3:14:19 PM  Show Profile  Send GLV an ICQ Message  Send GLV a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Stephen, having read many of your very well done reports--I can't believe you do not have one of each;)!

'the world is round everywhere'

'The meek will inherit the earth, but only after the last soldier has left it to them in his will'
Go to Top of Page

Dave Reese

USA
203 Posts

Posted - June 13 2003 :  5:18:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Stephen. I've read several of your reports before and found them to be very helpful. They'll be a tremendous resource.

Know what you don't. Ask those that do.
Go to Top of Page

Stephen A. Camp

659 Posts

Posted - June 13 2003 :  10:14:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, and thanks. I'll be doing more and will work at some specifically for this site, too.

Best.
Go to Top of Page

MSU721

USA
1554 Posts

Posted - June 14 2003 :  01:09:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stephen...

I gotta comment too, those are some really great reports you are giving us. We really appreciate your work. Only problem is you might inspire some of use to lighten our wallets, but hey it's only money . Thank you...

JWR

JWR
Go to Top of Page

Stephen A. Camp

659 Posts

Posted - June 14 2003 :  01:18:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, and thank you. I know what you mean about "light wallet syndrome." I really don't think there is a cure for the handgun lover. My problem is that I like them all...well, almost.

Best.
Go to Top of Page

MSU721

USA
1554 Posts

Posted - June 14 2003 :  02:28:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stephen I hear you, big time...

I'm not even allowed to make runs to the hardware store alone anymore, cause last time I ended up with a Springfield XD, and the wrong screw ...

Thanks again...

JWR

JWR
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34116 Posts

Posted - June 14 2003 :  07:40:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Steve-again if there's enough lead time I'll get our friends to ship ammo your way

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Stephen A. Camp

659 Posts

Posted - June 15 2003 :  12:31:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, Evan, and THANKS. I'll sure give you the word as early as I can. Any reports using ammo essentially secured by you via your contacts would be exclusive to your site.

Thank you again.

Best.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.08seconds. Snitz Forums 2000