Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Youngest boy first deer
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Real World
 The Hunting Lodge
 Youngest boy first deer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

coopman67
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - December 18 2019 :  08:30:42 AM  Show Profile  Click to see coopman67's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So Kansas2019 rifle deer season is over and there was success, finally! My youngest, 16yoa, harvested his first deer. He was hunting our backyard and tagged a button buck. The emotions he displayed was like winning the powerball and hitting the pearly gates at the same moment. He used a 44mag Marlin lever and put the round right in the sweet spot. He dragged that deer out of our back pasture and got busy. Dad couldnt have been prouder!

Anyway just wanted to share a good memory! Yall have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Coop

gauchobill
Advanced Member

1156 Posts

Posted - December 18 2019 :  10:28:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great experience! Congrats to you and your son!

I hope to repeat a similar experience this season in Florida with my 17 year old grandson.
Go to Top of Page

hopleyyeaton

USA
129 Posts

Posted - December 18 2019 :  3:54:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats to you both. The only thing better than getting one is having your kid get one!
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5736 Posts

Posted - December 18 2019 :  8:31:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I seem to recall there was something special about that first piece of backstrap from that first deer.

Congratulations to both of you. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1217 Posts

Posted - December 19 2019 :  10:04:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My grandson (14 Y O) got his first buck, 8 pointer, last year in his back yard. He was proud, and strutting around like a peacock.

Congratulations for his first deer. Big day in your grandson's hunting life. That first deer is unforgettable.

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page

coopman67
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - December 19 2019 :  9:54:19 PM  Show Profile  Click to see coopman67's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks! He found a recipe that involved Franks buffalo wing sauce and we fixed it tonight. Basically, soaked in the sauce then floured and fried. YUM! Half the batch completely missed the plate. He is taking some of it to school tomorrow to share with his friends at the lunch table. Will see tomorrow how the taste tests go.

Night

Coop
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.06seconds. Snitz Forums 2000