Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - red dot on 10/22 charger
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 The Rimfire Room
 red dot on 10/22 charger
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5492 Posts

Posted - December 06 2019 :  10:23:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went with a red dot set up. Will sight it in as soon as I can. Buying a few magazines tomorrow. Will have this in the grab bag that goes with us on trips out of town.
Compact, reliable, ample ammo supply and placed properly can be as well as some can with a rifle.

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...

hopleyyeaton

USA
129 Posts

Posted - December 07 2019 :  10:08:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've also considered the Charger as a car gun in addition to EDC but so far don't have one. Somewhere I saw a tube attachment for the synthetic stocked Charger onto which one could put an AR pistol arm brace. Now you have me thinking about it again. Hmmmm.
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5736 Posts

Posted - December 07 2019 :  11:01:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When the store was open, we had a guy trade in a take-down Charger, set up with a bipod and red dot. He claimed he used it for thinning the ground squirrel population, and it did a fine job out to 40-50 yards. Said he'd park the truck, and rest the rig on the hood; when the rodents came out, he'd greet them.
Somebody--we won't worry about who--apparently violated Fed law and tried the barrel on a take-down 1022 to see if it would fit. It did. Seems it would make a dandy little short rifle, maybe easier to aim with, if one wanted such a thing--and it wasn't for that pesky SBR tax. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5492 Posts

Posted - December 11 2019 :  8:22:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Picked up several 10/22 magazines at a good deal. Will zero the red dot tomorrow (Hopefully) and will have two 10 rd, one 15 rd, and two 25 rd mags in the bag with the charger when I am happy with how it shoots.

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.06seconds. Snitz Forums 2000