Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - flashlights
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other
 Miscellaneous
 flashlights
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Russ Larges

USA
2418 Posts

Posted - November 08 2019 :  7:42:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just reading about flashlights on Swift, Silent, Deadly, (well worth checking out) and I had to tell my story about lights. I started carrying a free light from Harbor Freight this light used three AAA batteries and worked better then one would expect from a free light. How ever the beam was wide and not very long or deep still, did I say free. I then got a Streamlight Micro which used one AAA and thusly was much smaller in diameter, I carried this one for several years and used it more then I thought I would. It died a sudden death of some unknown cause and I took to looking for another to replace it. I searched Amazon for some time, a whole lot of lights to look at, but being short on funds at the time I purchased two lights the looked a whole lot like the Micro, but cost only 12.00 shipped. Not expecting much I have been very happy with the result as the one I have in my pocket all of the time has lasted more then two years and I have a spare waiting. I do not abuse the light or sink it in water but it shows a good beam and has a useful clip on it. I would prefer a Micro but can't see the reason to purchase one now.
Anyway that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
God Bless
Russ

The pistol, learn it well, carry it allways. Jeff Cooper

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1150 Posts

Posted - November 08 2019 :  8:33:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim H put me on Coast lights at Wal Mart. Not as cheap as yours Russ (22.00), but I have had 2 that are 3 years old and going strong. Use them camping.

Pop Pop

Edited by - Pop Pop on November 10 2019 09:05:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

RLS

USA
752 Posts

Posted - November 08 2019 :  9:16:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Coast G19 that I carry in my shirt pocket. It is what they term an Inspection Beam Penlight.

I bought a Coast G20 last time I was in Walmart. It also is an Inspection Beam Penlight. It resides on the sun visor in my Subaru. I put lithium batteries in it since it will most likely get infrequent use.

The type of flashlight that Harbor Freight gives away have been stashed around my home for several years. About two weeks ago I put on a vest to make a run for a lottery ticket and I noticed a pocket was lit up from inside. I pulled the flashlight out, and the switch would not work. Unscrewing the cap revealed the acid had leaked from the alkaline batteries and made a bridge, basically bypassing the switch. The flashlight has remained lit for two weeks now. I've taken photos each day to document it.

Rick
Go to Top of Page

BobM77
Advanced Member

USA
1455 Posts

Posted - November 09 2019 :  7:37:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Russ, I would expect that Streamlight would repair or replace your Micro if you send it in.

I've been carrying a Surefire Stilleto for almost a year. It has three power levels up to 650 lumens. I like the flat form factor as it rides comfortably clipped in a pocket.
Go to Top of Page

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5465 Posts

Posted - November 12 2019 :  07:05:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have several flashlights. Many are older, Surefire, Mag-Lite, and Streamlight Stingers & a Scorpion. Most are the bulb type.
Two I carry daily now is the Streamlight 1 L/AA I carry clipped in my shirt pocket at work as Deputy Bailiff, and the other is a Coast AA led flashlight that is my "Best buy" of flashlights. Takes a single AA, compact, dropped countless times on concrete in 3 & 1/2 years and was run thru the washing machine this weekend by the wife grabbing the wrong jeans (It was still my fault). This little twenty dollar light still works as always.

I use to get laughed at for carrying it in my pants pocket until the lights went out at Church. I was the only person of 300 on cloudy Sunday morning in that darkened Church with a flashlight to help older people get to the doors where outside light shined some light in.

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.05seconds. Snitz Forums 2000