Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - .45 Shield
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Pistol Palace
 .45 Shield
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Evan
Administrator

34585 Posts

Posted - November 04 2019 :  8:50:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the more I shoot it the better like it. Loaded with Rem GS 185 gr jhp and it works fine.

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5465 Posts

Posted - November 04 2019 :  9:08:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel the same way. Handy size, reliable, accurate, and for a big bore the recoil is not bad at all. It's carried more off duty than any other pistol I own.

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...
Go to Top of Page

Redheeler
Starting Member

USA
17 Posts

Posted - November 05 2019 :  5:57:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep,I love mine. I too, use GS 185. Iíve got to make a correction about mine. I said I put a Talon grip on mine(like skateboard tape) but after getting moved and finally getting it back out of the safe, I found it was my .40 that had the Talon grip as the .45 doues have a very aggressive grip already. Sorry for the confusion.
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34585 Posts

Posted - November 05 2019 :  6:50:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not a problem

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Bill D
Advanced Member

USA
1244 Posts

Posted - November 06 2019 :  2:41:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the 1970's I used to reload 185gr Remington Copper clad SWC .45 for use in my Colt 1911 at close to !000fps...Was a flat shooting round..I am happy to read that REM GS 185GR JHP is available. Gonna run down the store and get some...Thanks Evan

Bill D
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34585 Posts

Posted - November 06 2019 :  4:13:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I buy mine from SG Ammo. Cheaper even with the postage

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5465 Posts

Posted - November 14 2019 :  9:47:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need to find a good leather belt holster for my .45 Shield. Any Suggestions folks?

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...
Go to Top of Page

USA
202 Posts

Posted - November 15 2019 :  04:29:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arvinator
I need to find a good leather belt holster ....
Like you, I am partial to a good leather holster, but it's hard to find many desired holsters today. So many sizes and shapes and configurations of semi-autos offered that there seems to be a shortage of holsters specifically designed for them. Thanks to age, crappy health, and impaired mobility and loss of strength and grip, I couldn't work the slides on most of my semi-autos, so over the past year I have sold them. I had a good leather holster for my .45 Shield, but when I sold it, I let the holster go with it. I don't remember the brand.

I'm trying to find a proper-fit holster designed for my Ruger 3" LCRx .357 and also a decent belt holster form my Smith & Wesson SW22 .22 LR. Also a good belt holster for a full-size Ruger Security 9. I have an open-top concealment holster for my Security 9 Compact, but want a good leather belt holster for the others.

Best of luck finding something good in leather.

'840'

Yes, I too have my semi-autos, but folks need to credit the serious versatility of a good revolver with a serviceable load.
Go to Top of Page

Russ Larges

USA
2418 Posts

Posted - November 15 2019 :  07:41:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
840, I have a 3" also and when I carry it I use a Simply Rugged holster. I will say it seems to be a big piece of leather but it is very well made I like it.
I just checked the Ruger site and it had a Mitch Roson made holster for the 3" for 74.00 the S.R. is 60.00 bucks, money is a factor for me. The M.R. did look somewhat smaller overall, for what that's worth.
Russ

The pistol, learn it well, carry it allways. Jeff Cooper

Edited by - Russ Larges on November 15 2019 11:39:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

USA
202 Posts

Posted - November 15 2019 :  8:59:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Russ, I appreciate the reply. I have to watch my spending budget as well and the SR Holster site has two or three holsters that I've been looking for at a reasonable price. A good looking product in my favorite holster material ... LEATHER! Time to do some Christmas shopping for myself.

'840'

Yes, I too have my semi-autos, but folks need to credit the serious versatility of a good revolver with a serviceable load.

Edited by - 840 on November 15 2019 9:00:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

BatteryOaksBilly

USA
213 Posts

Posted - November 20 2019 :  6:55:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have these guns here in 9-40-45. After one year of hard work...they are still working.

Billy Bruton..Carry every step..Shoot every day!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.11seconds. Snitz Forums 2000