StoppingPower.net Forums
Home
Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Max wants to go huntin...
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Real World
 The Hunting Lodge
 Max wants to go huntin...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5465 Posts

Posted - October 29 2019 :  9:59:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me (Poppy) got a phone call from my grandson who is 7, wanting to go deer hunting. I'll gladly take him. Not to try to kill a Deer, but to spend time in the woods. I'll spend time teaching him how to stalk/ slip up on game, maybe build a fire in case he's ever lost, and teach him about concealment and safe cover. He wanted to take him little Chipmunk 22, but he will carry his BB gun so I can safely watch him learn how to safely carry a long gun. I'll be armed as always and we will wear the orange and be on private land so it's a good spot to do this stuff.
Perfect reason to get him in the woods and show him stuff every boy needs to learn....

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...

gauchobill
Advanced Member

1152 Posts

Posted - October 30 2019 :  06:55:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a great way to teach a youngster the skills you mention, Arv---I learned those skills I have by trial and error because my father bought me my first gun at age 12, but gave me very little OJT. Learning to stalk squirrels that were barking in the woods was a great exercise for me. Those squirrels that knew what gunshots were challenged my stalking skills.

In later life when I moved on to deer hunting, those stalking skills provided a constant source of venison.

Congratulations on your activities with your grandson. He will never forget your time and generosity and will likely long remember you with a sense of gratitude and warmth.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.03seconds. Snitz Forums 2000