StoppingPower.net Forums
Home
Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Busy month (sorry its so long)
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other
 Miscellaneous
 Busy month (sorry its so long)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bandaidman
Advanced Member

USA
1468 Posts

Posted - September 05 2019 :  1:55:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been way too busy last month, first of the month had our 46th wedding anniversary (3rd), then tried to get everyone together for a family picture, almost made it. then continuing saga of physical therapy for the back. Getting stronger but still weak and sore after they get done with me. then on the 30th my oldest daughter's youngest son is a senior this year and had his first football game playing against their main rival for 2A in southeastern Idaho He caught a pass got hit from behind but hung on to the ball.they won 28-18, game ended and everyone got into bed around 2300 in time to get back up at 0600 to leave for Idaho Falls for his Older Brother's wedding at the Idaho Falls temple. Wonderful experience, felt like his father was looking down from on high. Then is was back in the car for the second part of the 2 1/2 hour drive (each way) to Home for the first reception in lovely Weston Idaho. It's a blink and you miss it town. A church, convenience store/gas pump and homes clustered around the farms in the area. Stayed to help clean up and be with daughter as it was her 3rd anniversary since her husband passed. Then back home to prepare for my wife's upcoming surgery on the 10th of this month. She is having a total knee done. I'll probably post again but if life gets too busy I'd appreciate your prayers on her behalf. Next project is to learn how to sort cloths to my wife's satisfaction so I can be the chief cook, bottle washer, and laundry maid. Today I go to Home depot to get some grab bars to add to the bathroom so she can pull herself up. Trying to convince her to go shopping for a recliner that will raise her to a near standing position. At 6'2 3/4" she has a long way to stand. She put this surgery off twice now once because it would have been during my recovery and neither one of us would have been able to bend down to get anything, and the second time prior to finding out our grandson was getting married and she didn't want to be recovering and not make it. She tried to postpone it again as Middle child of oldest daughter has gotten her mission call to serve in the Fort Collins CO. mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Most of her mission will be in Wyoming but that is just miles and miles of flat high desert sagebrush. She leaves on the same day her husband had his fatal accident 3 years ago. Lots of things happening.

“If for a while the harder you try, the harder it gets, take heart. So it has been with the best people who ever lived.
Jeffery Holland

ajt
Average Member

USA
319 Posts

Posted - September 06 2019 :  08:30:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers up for you and your family, and that he continue to watch over you and yours.

Edited by - ajt on September 06 2019 08:32:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

WR Moore
Advanced Member

USA
1001 Posts

Posted - September 06 2019 :  6:24:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best wishes. Make darn sure the grab bars are fastened to wall studs. Something the individual who did our bathrooms seems to have forgotten to tell whoever installed ours when the house was built. I had to got through a closet wall to install some extra bracing. At least the closet was in the right place and the patch won't be seen.

Beware the politically obsessed. They are often bright and interesting, but they have something missing in their natures, there is a hole, an empty place and they use politics to fill it up. It leaves them somehow misshapen. Peggy Noonan

Go to Top of Page

Mjolnir

USA
189 Posts

Posted - September 13 2019 :  03:24:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Mjolnir an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
I have one of those lift chairs I use now and then. We call it the "dump chair," because it makes ya' feel you're going to get dumped out and fall forward. I also rely on grab bars to get out of the shower. Don't know what I'd do without them! Hope everything goes right with your wife's knee. Please keep us informed how things go.

"None who have always been free can understand the
terrible fascinating power of the hope of freedom
to those who are not free."
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34559 Posts

Posted - September 13 2019 :  12:45:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wife is recovering from a heart valve procedure at Cleveland Clinic and she is dramatically better. Hope your family continues to heal.

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

bandaidman
Advanced Member

USA
1468 Posts

Posted - September 14 2019 :  12:36:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Evan

Wife is recovering from a heart valve procedure at Cleveland Clinic and she is dramatically better. Hope your family continues to heal.

I hope your wife gets better, as the say getting old isn't for sissies.

“If for a while the harder you try, the harder it gets, take heart. So it has been with the best people who ever lived.
Jeffery Holland
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.06seconds. Snitz Forums 2000