Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - My Shield in .45 ACP
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Pistol Palace
 My Shield in .45 ACP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Evan
Administrator

34549 Posts

Posted - September 01 2019 :  6:40:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haven't had much a chance to shoot it but it feels good in the hand and disappears on my significant frame!

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Charlie Foxtrot
Average Member

257 Posts

Posted - September 01 2019 :  8:11:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got mine back from the factory. The front night sight was replaced. I will try to get to the range within the next week. I also purchased a kydex holster that covers and protects the magazine catch.
Go to Top of Page

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5449 Posts

Posted - September 01 2019 :  9:56:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really like mine. In fact, it often rides on my person around the house of a evening. It's on my desk as I sit here typing this...

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...
Go to Top of Page

Charlie Foxtrot
Average Member

257 Posts

Posted - September 09 2019 :  9:25:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Took mine to the range. Shot 230 grain Gold Dots and Lawman TMJ. Only used the six round magazine. Had 2 instances where the fully seated magazine fell out. I looked around online, and it seems that the followers on the early production .45 Shields had defects. I believe my pistol although new, is an early production. I called S&W, and CS asked if I thought it was the pistol or the magazine. I told CS I looked in the mag well, and it appeared OK, and suggested we start with the magazine so I donít have to send the pistol back to the factory again. I also provided the s/n and mentioned I had read that the followers on the early production pistols have since been revised. A new six round magazine is being shipped to me.

Edited to add: The first time the pistol went back to the factory after the front night sight lost all illumination, as I previously mentioned in another thread here.

Edited by - Charlie Foxtrot on September 09 2019 9:29:31 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.05seconds. Snitz Forums 2000