Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - CHP Officer killed on traffic stop
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Real World
 Cop Corner
 CHP Officer killed on traffic stop
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Craig
Advanced Member

USA
1100 Posts

Posted - August 13 2019 :  10:19:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Moreno Valley (Riverside area). Officials still pretty tight lipped for formal details. A lot of media attention and a lot of video!

Stopped a pickup truck. It got to the point that it would be towed. I believe he was in the car doing paper when the perp returned to the truck, retrieved what looks to be an AR of some sort. The Riverside Chief was specific to say "Just call it a rifle." during a presser. The perp began shooting, the offficer got off a call for help. I believe but don't know if he was able to return fire. Two more CHP arrived and engaged the perp. both also injured, one critical. More officers from multiple jurisdictions arrived and the perp finally went down. Officers rushed to the hospital in Riverside PD helo, DOA, and one in a Riverside PD car.

Besides the unfortunately expected gathering of officers at the hospital, sheriffs provided heavy security, tactical teams, armored vehicle and roof top rifle overwatch at the hospital.

I don't believe it's officially confirmed yet but apparently the perp had a felony record and possibly Vagos ties, hence the heavy security.

Officer Andre Moye was, I believe, a 3 year member of the CHP.

oldmuleskinner

900 Posts

Posted - August 16 2019 :  2:59:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayer for him, his family and all fellow officers. This is happening too often...so sad.

Each of us is an innkeeper, and we decide if there is room for Jesus.
Neal A. Maxwell
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.06seconds. Snitz Forums 2000