Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - New Info Released on Scott Peterson SRO
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other
 Miscellaneous
 New Info Released on Scott Peterson SRO
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

djwarner
Average Member

USA
264 Posts

Posted - June 10 2019 :  11:46:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In charging documents released today, it turns out Scott Peterson was a qualified "active shooter" instructor for the Sheriffs Office.

There was also information about the contract between the Sheriff and School Board for to provide protection for the students and staff.

Also in the active shooter course material was instructions to confront the shooter as soon as possible sighting that every shot should be interpreted and another victim down.

All in all, the DA has laid out a very substantive case justifying the charges placed against him.

NON NOBIS TANTUM NATI

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
5461 Posts

Posted - June 11 2019 :  07:05:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now Peterson and the Sheriff's office look twice as bad.

Jeff

jle3030
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5586 Posts

Posted - June 11 2019 :  07:16:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe an example of being certified doesn't always equate to 'qualified'. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

smoky14

245 Posts

Posted - June 11 2019 :  07:43:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those who can't, teach?
Go to Top of Page

gw
Advanced Member

4664 Posts

Posted - June 11 2019 :  09:25:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if the deputy hasn't been dropping dimes, now might be the time to start.....

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..."
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34469 Posts

Posted - June 11 2019 :  8:40:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Columbine was the start of visible cop cowardice.

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1060 Posts

Posted - June 12 2019 :  09:40:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Columbine is what changed the S O P for Police when it comes to entry as soon as one arrives on scene. Evidently they did not get the "Memo" in Parkland Florida, or the Sheriff and SRO were not up to the job. Peterson will suffer the consequences of his actions, I suppose. And that is a good thing, IMO. The Sherriff has already been removed, and many believe should be prosecuted for his ineptness.

One good thing is their examples to the public. They did not get away with the ineptness..

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page

revjen45
Advanced Member

2329 Posts

Posted - June 12 2019 :  11:25:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Parkland shooting made me wonder if there is a cadre of dangerous twits who are groomed for this kind of thing.
The shooter did everything but send a registered letter to the FBI, Sheriff Israel, and the school bureaucracy that he was a psychotic oaf.
They responded by ignoring it, so he wouldn't be part of the "school to prison pipeline." When he did what could be reasonably expected under
the circumstances they were ready to go with the blood dance.
I hope Scott Peterson gets it good and hard. Too bad there isn't enough to go around for the higher ups who all but engineered the date and time.

Better to perish in the struggle for freedom than live to see defeat.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3570 Posts

Posted - June 12 2019 :  1:12:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Former Sheriff was a transplant from New Yawk. School Superintendent was a transplant from Chicago. Any wonder why Broward County is one of, if not the, most screwed up liberal counties in FL? These clowns WERE ELECTED... by the other transplants fleeing high tax states, and bringing the same mindset & policies that made them flee in the first place, with them.

Just read somewhere that a Broward County jail inmate awaiting a murder trial was mistakenly released from the jail. Ya can't fix liberal Yankee Stupid. Wanna bet the Watch Commander is a Yankee transplant too?

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

WR Moore

USA
963 Posts

Posted - June 16 2019 :  10:24:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having been to a bunch of schools that train instructors, I've noticed distinct types that don't fit the desired profile of students. There are those who the parent outfit can't seem to train, they hope the folks running the training schools will somehow manage to work a miracle. Another group is those the parent outfit sees an opportunity to get out of the way for the length of the training. The guys/gals who should be going are needed to do the work, the chosen one(s) can be spared. Then there's the relatives of some big shot, who may share characteristics of either/both types mentioned.

My first LE firearms instructor school, I was taken aside about 10 AM the second day and told I'd already range qualified. My primary job the rest of the week was to stay within arms length of a certain student as long as we were on the range. I can't recall if he actually got certified. Over the decades, I saw other examples.

Beware the politically obsessed. They are often bright and interesting, but they have something missing in their natures, there is a hole, an empty place and they use politics to fill it up. It leaves them somehow misshapen. Peggy Noonan

Edited by - WR Moore on June 16 2019 10:27:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3570 Posts

Posted - June 16 2019 :  11:49:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WR Moore

Having been to a bunch of schools that train instructors, I've noticed distinct types that don't fit the desired profile of students. There are those who the parent outfit can't seem to train, they hope the folks running the training schools will somehow manage to work a miracle. Another group is those the parent outfit sees an opportunity to get out of the way for the length of the training. The guys/gals who should be going are needed to do the work, the chosen one(s) can be spared. Then there's the relatives of some big shot, who may share characteristics of either/both types mentioned.

My first LE firearms instructor school, I was taken aside about 10 AM the second day and told I'd already range qualified. My primary job the rest of the week was to stay within arms length of a certain student as long as we were on the range. I can't recall if he actually got certified. Over the decades, I saw other examples.

Another good point. Send the "misfit" to school and hope he/she learns enough to function. If not, they'll at least have the "paper credentials" to cover the backside of the bureaucrat who, for one reason or another couldn't just fire them, or didn't want to fire them.

Incompetent bureaucrats like to surround themselves with equally incompetent minions so the the bureaucrat's incompetence can remain hidden. Kinda like Broward County FL.

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

gw
Advanced Member

4664 Posts

Posted - June 16 2019 :  3:18:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw the same, send certain folks to training because they wouldn't be missed

deny "key" people training because they were mission essential

later on the folks with the schools and "paper whipped" additional duty positions got promoted ahead of their pears

further on some training became mandatory, putting those not allowed to attend further behind the eight ball for promotion

eventually the under achievers attained rank and moved into leadership rolls

the saying is screw up and move up.....

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..."
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop
Advanced Member

USA
1060 Posts

Posted - June 17 2019 :  10:08:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys, in the Post Office, those they preferred in management were those who would do anything they told them. lie, cheat steal, badger for no reason, and those who made sport of publicly exploiting employee weaknesses in front of others. Most of them had been through dry out/drug rehab at least 2 or 3 times. that was my experience. I spent 30 years in the P O.

What happened to me was our Postmaster came out one day and told me he wanted me in management. Said the men liked me and he knew they would produce for me. I thought fine.

Shortly, a very good friend came, and told me not to take it. He was in management himself, and I knew they were persecuting him. He told me what would be expected of me. I went to the Postmaster and, told him I was a Christian, and would do nothing to violate my principals. I had been in the service for 25 years at that time. In 15 minutes he came out and told everyone that he was giving the new position to a young, very pretty girl that had been in the force for 6 months. This was my first dealings with being discriminated against because of being a good moral Christian. It was very hard for me to deal with that.

The girl came to me, about 6 months later, and asked me to come to her office. I went in and she showed me her letter of resignation. She told me she was sorry for doing what she did to me. She told me she could not sleep at night for what they were asking her to do. My good friend was correct. I would have been miserable.

The kicker is , every one of those "no account" supervisors eventually made Postmaster. That is the caliber of people they have, in management, in the P Office, in my experience.

Edited to add; I hope justice will be served in the dealings surrounding the Parkland School Shooting. It is a sad situation.

Pop Pop

Edited by - Pop Pop on June 17 2019 10:12:19 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.09seconds. Snitz Forums 2000