Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Turkish High Power
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Pistol Palace
 Turkish High Power
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bandaidman
Advanced Member

USA
1468 Posts

Posted - April 21 2019 :  04:20:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I happened on a you-tube video of a guy shooting a Tisas High Power clone in stainless steel, he seemed to have some issues, but did some filing on a bug on the frame and seemed to work after that. Price was 550 ish has any one else heard of them? Might be a good starting point to have a custom built UP in stainless no less.

“If for a while the harder you try, the harder it gets, take heart. So it has been with the best people who ever lived.
Jeffery Holland

Evan
Administrator

34559 Posts

Posted - April 21 2019 :  09:08:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok, not spectacular

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
5527 Posts

Posted - April 21 2019 :  09:17:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I keep hearing good things about the Tisas guns. But if I were in the market I would pay the going rate for a good real deal Hi Power. They're only going to increase in value. Have you priced a classic Smith or Colt revolver lately? I'm thinking about trading some safe queen for a Browning "just because". About 20 years ago I passed on a Novak Hi Power for $375. I'm still regretting that decision.

Jeff

jle3030

Edited by - jle3030 on April 21 2019 09:19:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

bandaidman
Advanced Member

USA
1468 Posts

Posted - April 21 2019 :  4:34:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jle3030

I keep hearing good things about the Tisas guns. But if I were in the market I would pay the going rate for a good real deal Hi Power. They're only going to increase in value. Have you priced a classic Smith or Colt revolver lately? I'm thinking about trading some safe queen for a Browning "just because". About 20 years ago I passed on a Novak Hi Power for $375. I'm still regretting that decision.

Jeff

I'm wishing I had picked up one or more of the Israeli HP's, they were FN made assembled in Portugal. Around here they were going for around 400-450, then as the supply was drying up went up to over 500. This stainless steel gun interests me as I wonder if it would be stronger or as strong as the forged receivers.
Don Williams worked on my HP and the only thing I have problems with is the lack of reset, you have to forget the short reset of some of my plastic guns and just let the trigger go all the way back to the front of its arc. I love shooting it but since I now have other pistols that I can carry it isn't in my regular rotation. For the price of this gun sending it to a High Power gunsmith like Novak or Williams or Robar as a base for a custom pistol seems to me a bit more cost effective than buying a used FN going for 3 times the price of the Tisas. I just hope that they get their problems sorted out and make a good product.

“If for a while the harder you try, the harder it gets, take heart. So it has been with the best people who ever lived.
Jeffery Holland
Go to Top of Page

Jim Higginbotham

USA
9819 Posts

Posted - April 22 2019 :  07:39:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've seen a few now as well as their 1911s.

They seem to be built fairly well.

My partner has 2 of their 1911s that work and he just bought the HP clone from Brownells when they had a free shipping deal - we haven't fired that yet.

The LGS had them last week for $499 - beats the used Browning at Cabelas I saw for $1250!

Jim H.

Get the Weaponcraft Journal on Amazon: Print or Kindle!
Go to Top of Page

zeke
Average Member

283 Posts

Posted - April 23 2019 :  1:13:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have one of the earlier batches of Israli HP's imported. $270, 3 mags, holster and FABRIQUE NATIONALE HERSTAL BELGIQUE stamped on slide. One of my favorite pistols.
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5663 Posts

Posted - April 23 2019 :  7:54:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems to me these Turkey guns could fill a niche like the Uberti and Cimmaron (sp?) do for cowboy shooters--you can have an inexpensive shooter and save the 'good' ones for posterity. Of course, they'd have to function...ahem...flawlessly. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.14seconds. Snitz Forums 2000