Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - OK Hog Hunt
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Real World
 The Hunting Lodge
 OK Hog Hunt
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5606 Posts

Posted - April 20 2019 :  9:45:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got home from a 2-day pig hunt down by Carney Oklahoma. Six guys, all hale fellows well met. One of the regulars had to miss this one due to a sick wife. Three of us got our two pigs, two got one, and one got skunked.
I have a Leupold 2-7x Fire Dot scope on the rifle I took, and it performed like a champ; both my pigs came out when it was too dark to see the cross hairs, but that little red dot made the shots possible.
Best thing outta the whole deal is I won a steak supper; made a bet with one of the guys for the biggest pig, mine was 126#, his didn't even break 40# (it was the last night, and the only one to show up at his stand). I told him the skinning guy wanted to quarter his piglet just like they do for everybody, but it was so small they had to 'nickel' it. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?

Dov
Advanced Member

USA
2740 Posts

Posted - April 24 2019 :  10:08:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What rifle and caliber did you use with that Firedot?

We might be putting one on gf's Marlin 336Y, since that’s been her favorite optic so far of ones we’ve looked at.
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5606 Posts

Posted - April 24 2019 :  12:26:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This one is a Ruger American .308, the 'Predator' model with the picatinny-type base. The scope paid for itself this time; I wouldn't have been able to make the shots without it--not easily, anyway. A buddy has a lower-power model with the Hog Reticle, which is kind of a modified circle-dot. He loves it, but the extra stuff on the reticle makes it a bit 'busy' for my taste. It's more compact than mine, though, and would probably be more aesthetically pleasing on the 336Y, if that's any issue.
I had a 336Y, one of those guns I kick myself for parting with. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

Dov
Advanced Member

USA
2740 Posts

Posted - April 24 2019 :  11:28:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought the dot would be beneficial in low light, so glad you can confirm it.

One we looked at for the 336Y was a 1-4 power IIRC

Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.08seconds. Snitz Forums 2000