Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - FN FNS Pistols Unintentionally Discharging
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Pistol Palace
 FN FNS Pistols Unintentionally Discharging
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Charlie Foxtrot
Average Member

259 Posts

Posted - January 30 2019 :  6:04:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fox News Baltimore recently aired a report describing instances of unintentional discharges of the Baltimore County Police Departmentís FN FNS pistols. In this report, Fox News Baltimore aired a video they claim is from the Arizona DPS which shows various condtions in which the FN FNS pistols unintentionally discharge.

I posted a link to the news report, which contains the video, in the website references section of this forum.

WR Moore
Advanced Member

USA
1001 Posts

Posted - February 04 2019 :  10:26:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having been on the fringes of several UD investigations, they most often turn out to have something to do with operation of the trigger by some means. I recall one report that could have qualified for a Nebula (Best Sci-Fi) Award.

Beware the politically obsessed. They are often bright and interesting, but they have something missing in their natures, there is a hole, an empty place and they use politics to fill it up. It leaves them somehow misshapen. Peggy Noonan

Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3642 Posts

Posted - February 04 2019 :  11:22:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WR Moore

Having been on the fringes of several UD investigations, they most often turn out to have something to do with operation of the trigger by some means. I recall one report that could have qualified for a Nebula (Best Sci-Fi) Award.

+1. It is always easier for the embarrassed individual to blame the equipment instead of their proper operation of said equipment... saw it plenty of times in the Navy.

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

gauchobill
Advanced Member

1144 Posts

Posted - April 17 2019 :  10:01:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a sample of "1", after reading this post and watching a U-tube showing discharge of a 9mm FNS when tapped with a hammer, I took mine to the range for a safety check. Loaded the magazine and put a round in the chamber; pointed it downrange and had my son tap it strongly with a 1 lb. hard plastic mallet on top, both sides and the underside; it didn't discharge no matter where tapped nor how hard it was tapped. I feel better now, although this gun rests more time in my gun safe than it does on my belt--that is only because I am an addicted Beretta fan and favor the PX4 over all others for a variety of reasons.
Go to Top of Page

gauchobill
Advanced Member

1144 Posts

Posted - April 17 2019 :  10:06:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to clarify my grammatically awkward utterance in the last line of the above post, MY ADDICTION IS TO THE BERETTA HANDGUNS.
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5663 Posts

Posted - April 17 2019 :  11:45:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can remember once when my shotgun 'just went off'; I checked to make sure the safety was on--by pressing the trigger.

I did have a shotgun go off once, with no contact with the trigger. I had refinished the stock on a AyA double barrel, and apparently some of the varnish (or whatever I used) dribbled into the action. Tried to shoot at a pheasant, and the safety was 'glued' in the 'on' position. A smart guy would have unloaded the gun before working on it; I just forced the safety 'off', then pushed it back 'on', and the gun just went off. Apparently something got where it wasn't supposed to be inside the action. Not an excuse, it was all me, but it did happen. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

5558 Posts

Posted - April 17 2019 :  11:58:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both of my NDs were with my brotherís H&K P7: I hadnít quite figured out the manual of operations. Fortunately in both instances, the gun was pointing in a safe direction.

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish, that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast

Edited by - LittleBill on April 17 2019 11:58:55 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.05seconds. Snitz Forums 2000