Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Fobus Holster
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Be Prepared
 Concealed Carry
 Fobus Holster
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Sigger

USA
98 Posts

Posted - December 28 2018 :  6:04:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am LEO and wondering if anyone uses and likes Fobus holsters? I have a few and just purchased one for a Glock 43. The pistol will not fit in it regardless of how far the screw is loosened. When I draw the pistol, the holster comes out with it. I have read others complaining of same problem.
I liked the idea because it is a paddle and conceals decently. Anyone use paddle holsters?

Thanks

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5490 Posts

Posted - December 28 2018 :  8:59:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First, I'd check to be sure it's really for the 43 and not the 42--regardless of what the packaging says. If somebody has a 42 you could try and it fits.....

Second, Fobus useta be junk, and not to be trusted for serious social work; but I understand they've improved the design and material, so aren't so bad now--though there are better Kydex holsters available. I've got a couple of their paddle-style mag pouches, they've lasted for several years. But they don't get beat up or pulled on; no doubt if somebody grabbed one and yanked, it would pull apart pretty easily.

Personally, for concealed carry, I wouldn't feel bad using the newer Fobus; for anything out in the open that might be getting bumped around, or maybe grabbed in a disarm attempt, I'd rather have something more durable. There's $.02 to spend wherever you want. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

5336 Posts

Posted - December 29 2018 :  08:44:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FWIW, Active Response Training’s Greg Ellifritz hates Fobus holsters!

He calls them “some of the worst holsters” on the market; based on how often he’s seen them fail in his force-on-force classes; including the exact problem Sigger mentions.

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish, that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast

Edited by - LittleBill on December 29 2018 08:59:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sigger

USA
98 Posts

Posted - December 29 2018 :  6:14:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the information. Funny, I had one and didn't like it or use it. Then, another officer said how much he liked his and I tried it again. I'm going back to my original opinion. I have a nice belt holster, just wanted a paddle for leaving the house.

Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

Ten Driver
Advanced Member

1887 Posts

Posted - December 29 2018 :  8:58:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never liked em, and never trusted em.

For a "bargain level" kydex holster, you're better off with bladetech.
Go to Top of Page

Ten Driver
Advanced Member

1887 Posts

Posted - December 30 2018 :  3:24:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you're seeking a polymer holster with a paddle, look no further than the Safariland 7TS series with paddle attachment. Safariland actually mounts the paddle sturdily enough that it won't break on you if it gets tugged on. However, being a paddle, there's a good chance that it will come off your belt if you're playing tug-o-war, which is why I use their loop attachment, instead.
Go to Top of Page

oldmuleskinner

877 Posts

Posted - December 31 2018 :  01:33:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had good luck with several Fobus holsters. My EDC is IWB, but if I carry OWB, it is usually with a Fobus Paddle holster.

About 8 years ago, my wife and I hit a deer at about 60 mph on my motorcycle. She got a broken kneecap out of the accident, and I got a concussion along with extensive road rash on my hands and legs. When I woke up in the middle of the road, I was about 20 yards beyond my bike. I had my G-26 on my right hip in a Fobus Paddle. The holster was really scraped up and the pistol had a few abrasions on it, but the holster stayed put, along with the gun. IMHO that was a pretty good torture test for a relatively inexpensive holster.

A couple of my boys carry their KelTec P-11 pistols in Fobus Paddles and are very satisfied with them.

Each of us is an innkeeper, and we decide if there is room for Jesus.
Neal A. Maxwell
Go to Top of Page

WR Moore

USA
942 Posts

Posted - January 01 2019 :  5:05:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got several Fobus belt holsters and like them. I bought the most recent one because getting decent belt holsters for revolvers seems to be very difficult unless you're able/willing to throw $100+ at a holster in the hopes it'll be the one. They're much better, IMO, than the kydex that Uncle Mike used to put together. I tried using them (UMs)when I'd be running tractors and the screws that held them together kept getting loose. Even chemical thread lockers didn't keep them tight.

I notice a mention of a screw in a Fobus. I expect that might be made to allegedly "fit" multiple firearms with some adjustment. The ones I like are purpose made for a given item.

Beware the politically obsessed. They are often bright and interesting, but they have something missing in their natures, there is a hole, an empty place and they use politics to fill it up. It leaves them somehow misshapen. Peggy Noonan

Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin4.45seconds. Snitz Forums 2000