Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - New SIG
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Pistol Palace
 New SIG
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Evan
Administrator

34527 Posts

Posted - December 15 2018 :  11:31:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thursday night I stumbled across a brand new, never been fired, SIG P250 full size in .45ACP.

Wife and I are going shooting after I clean her S&W Model 640 and get her AR out of the gun safe.

This week while wrapping Christmas presents for our 33 grand children, she asked me how much ammo we needed for OUR AR's?

Now there is a case of 5.56 55gr fmj under the tree!

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Charlie Foxtrot
Average Member

253 Posts

Posted - December 15 2018 :  12:08:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I rented a full size P250 in .45 ACP. The pistol had a lot of muzzle jump. Didnít like it.

I thought you were going to trade in your P229 for a second S&W Shield. Perhaps you donít intend on carrying the large P250.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3603 Posts

Posted - December 15 2018 :  12:17:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't argue with... or want to be on the other end... of a SIG .45 P250 as a self defense carry gun. With Federal HST 230+P, it would be very effective.... although I'm not sure I'd try a 20 yard head shot.

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

exfed2002
Advanced Member

1257 Posts

Posted - December 15 2018 :  12:38:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Christian

I wouldn't argue with... or want to be on the other end... of a SIG .45 P250 as a self defense carry gun. With Federal HST 230+P, it would be very effective.... although I'm not sure I'd try a 20 yard head shot.

I always thought it was a shame that they rushed the 250 to market without doing more work on the trigger.

It's one of the nicest out-of-the-box triggers I've ever felt. A bit more work and testing would have gotten rid of the pre and over travel, as well as making it a hair heavier in trade for a bit less travel and a shorter reset.

I am always happier when reholstering a hammer fired auto than one that is striker fired.

"The answer is there is no answer."
Go to Top of Page

Chris Christian
Advanced Member

USA
3603 Posts

Posted - December 15 2018 :  2:32:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by exfed2002

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Christian

I always thought it was a shame that they rushed the 250 to market without doing more work on the trigger.

It's one of the nicest out-of-the-box triggers I've ever felt. A bit more work and testing would have gotten rid of the pre and over travel, as well as making it a hair heavier in trade for a bit less travel and a shorter reset.

I am always happier when reholstering a hammer fired auto than one that is striker fired.

When I spent a couple weeks on T&E with the 9mm 250 (that included carrying it concealed in public as a EDC) I was doing a lot of action pistol competitive revolver shooting, and had trophies from State, Regional and a World Championship matches. I was pretty tuned to a DAO pull.

I wished I could have gotten the same trigger pull on my revolvers that I had on the P250. It was beautiful! I had no problems with it.

Chris Christian
There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who wonder What The Heck happened! Pick one.
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34527 Posts

Posted - December 15 2018 :  3:03:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No one wanted to trade. I think the .40 is fading fast. I'll get Peter to send me some Super Vel copper hollow points.

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

montanaman
Advanced Member

1146 Posts

Posted - December 15 2018 :  11:35:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like my P227 with the night sights, but I donít carry it because of size.

And it does have more muzzle flip than my 1911ís.

The biggest thing it has going for it, is itís internal safeties IMO.

I love my wife dearly, but I donít get her out shooting enough, and she has a hard time remembering safeties.

Thatís what her carry gun is a Ruger LCR .38 Sp.

Pull it out, squeeze the trigger.

The P227 is residing in her nightstand for the same reason. It always has one in the chamber, so she can grab it and go.

Paladin didn't need a semi-auto, or a laser sight, and always carried an extra gun.
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34527 Posts

Posted - December 19 2018 :  1:02:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Took the wife shooting yesterday and while we focused on her and her Smith 640, I did a mag full of.45 ball and the gun is quite accurate.

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5433 Posts

Posted - December 19 2018 :  9:14:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evan I think you made a good move. If Ammo get rate as in limited choices then 45 ball beats the 9 or 40 in ball Ammo. While not my first choice itíll work. Iím buying Ammo as I can afford it and saving for serious shooting

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34527 Posts

Posted - December 20 2018 :  6:17:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got an email from SV indicating a box of.45 ACP goodies will be here on the 28th.

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.16seconds. Snitz Forums 2000