Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Mec-Gar mags for Browning
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Pistol Palace
 Mec-Gar mags for Browning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

arty

116 Posts

Posted - November 26 2018 :  09:42:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I read that Mec-Gar once made Browning HP magazines. Does anyone know if this is correct, and how they work in the 9mm HP?
Does anyone make quality HP magazine springs for the 13 round magazines for the HP?
Thanks for your input.

J Wagner

215 Posts

Posted - November 26 2018 :  10:37:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought some in the past, when I had a HP. They didn't have the "mousetrap" spring that aids in ejection, but functioned just fine.

The Mec-Gar website shows HP magazines. Check the usual suppliers, Midway, Brownells, etc. to see if in stock.
Go to Top of Page

Uncle Mike
Advanced Member

1694 Posts

Posted - November 26 2018 :  10:38:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi arty, yes they make Browning magazines. According to the late Stephen Camp, Mec-Gar magazines are the best. Mr. Camp wrote "The Shooter's Guide to the Browning Hi Power". He once diagnosed a problem with my Hi Power on line. Not unknown, but he was actually right, regards, Mike
Go to Top of Page

arty

116 Posts

Posted - November 26 2018 :  11:17:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. Good to know.
Go to Top of Page

Ten Driver
Advanced Member

1949 Posts

Posted - November 27 2018 :  03:10:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yessir, the MecGar mags for the Hi Power work great! Highly recommended.

For springs I'd suggest Wolff Gunsprings, Part Number 70661. This is the +5% magazine spring for the Hi Power.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Jim Higginbotham

USA
9819 Posts

Posted - November 28 2018 :  10:15:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MecGar is the OEM for several makers, including Walther (at least on some models, not sure about all).

I have several of their 15 round mags for the "Half Power" they work as well as anything.

Jim

Get the Weaponcraft Journal on Amazon: Print or Kindle!
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

5558 Posts

Posted - November 28 2018 :  11:22:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe they make mags for SIG as well. All mine have always worked without any problems.

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish, that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast
Go to Top of Page

CXM

USA
673 Posts

Posted - March 21 2019 :  12:34:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mec-Gar has made magazines for most major brands of pistols at one time or another...

They definately made factory (OEM) magazines for FN's High power (including the Browning branded version.)

Mec-Gar also makes a 15 round magazine for the High Power that works very well indeed... I can find no difference in reliability between the 13 round original mag and the newer 15 round mag.

I find the best prices for High Power mags at GunMagWarehouse (https://gunmagwarehouse.com/) or Greg Cote (http://gregcotellc.com/.) Both ship very quickly and have excellent prices.

For High Power parts (including springs) I have found Browning to have the best prices by far... so long as they have the parts... I understand now that the HP has been discontinued, they will not import more parts for it once existing stocks are gone. Still, it is worth checking as they are by far the cheapest source.

FWIW

Chuck

Hoist on High the Bonny Blue Flag That Bears the Single Star!

Edited by - CXM on March 21 2019 12:39:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

bubbinator

USA
189 Posts

Posted - March 23 2019 :  11:37:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MeC-Gar does make 13 & 15 rd. BHP mags, just bought some. Best prices I have found are at CDNN.com. They work well in my BHP, got 15 rd'ers.
Go to Top of Page

bandaidman
Advanced Member

USA
1468 Posts

Posted - March 24 2019 :  05:52:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They used to make a 20 rounder, but quit making them about the time of the first magazine capacity ban and never brought them back. I've had 5 15 round mags for over 10 years they work great.

“If for a while the harder you try, the harder it gets, take heart. So it has been with the best people who ever lived.
Jeffery Holland
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.12seconds. Snitz Forums 2000