Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Kel-Tec PMR-30
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Pistol Palace
 Kel-Tec PMR-30
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uncle Mike
Advanced Member

1694 Posts

Posted - October 21 2018 :  5:32:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, anyone have any experience with this pistol? I'm interested in reliability as it's predecessor ( I can't remember the brand. ) was unreliable. I always liked the idea, regards, Mike

LittleBill
Advanced Member

5558 Posts

Posted - October 21 2018 :  8:17:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fun pistol, but it has a reputation for not being reliable.

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish, that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5663 Posts

Posted - October 21 2018 :  9:12:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My co-worker has one, says it has worked just fine. He only uses CCI Maxi Mag in it. He's a shooter, but I don't think he tries to wear his guns out, so to speak. I'd like to try one. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

Uncle Mike
Advanced Member

1694 Posts

Posted - October 22 2018 :  08:59:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, the American Rifleman has a test of a 1911 style pistol that shoots the 22 WMR. My research has revealed that most gun magazines give the Kel-Tec glowing reviews but comments on line reveal a different story, regards, Mike
Go to Top of Page

Jim Higginbotham

USA
9819 Posts

Posted - October 22 2018 :  09:58:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've seen a picture of the Kel-Tek blown to splinters but I don't know the back story to it.

Jim

Get the Weaponcraft Journal on Amazon: Print or Kindle!
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34559 Posts

Posted - October 22 2018 :  11:48:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you know the difference between a gun writer and a prostitute? The gun writer works the day shift!

Should have added I had a KT .40 foldable carbine, but by the time I modified it to be street reliable I could have bought an AR!

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

Frogfoot

USA
865 Posts

Posted - October 23 2018 :  01:19:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had one for a few years and it works fine, even with the weaker Winchester 45 grain Dynapoint load. The thing is, after a few hundred rounds, clean it. Mine functioned without a hitch until one day out shooting, the thing jammed up several times, so I took it home and cleaned it. After that, it worked fine again. Fun? Extremely. Good trigger and good sights as well.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. - Sir Winston Churchill
Go to Top of Page

BatteryOaksBilly

USA
211 Posts

Posted - November 18 2018 :  10:20:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
3 on board here. Reliability directly related to ammo choice and loading procedure. CCI Maxi Mags..A1. Others not reliable in any of the 3 guns here. You MUST load and tap seat as you go or there will be trouble. With the 3 we have had here we have determined they are not satisfactory for SD due to the problems above.

Billy Bruton..Carry every step..Shoot every day!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.05seconds. Snitz Forums 2000