Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Ready for?
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Be Prepared
 Emergency Preparedness
 Ready for?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Arvinator
Advanced Member

USA
5362 Posts

Posted - October 16 2018 :  6:45:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Recently I was at the kids house and we were talking about disasters and being ready. I threw out the question if they were ready for sudden loss of water supply. Made me think about emergency preparedness and I asked myself a few questions from just one word topics. Water? Food? Electricity? Winter storms? Civil unrest? Makes me think and look over our plan and supplies. Just food for thought

Be honest, fair, and always prepared...

LittleBill
Advanced Member

5243 Posts

Posted - October 16 2018 :  7:54:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Always worth thinking about!

And part of that includes prioritizing the various threats, in terms of severity:

An unruly mob can kill you in a heartbeat. Lack of shelter in severe winter conditions can kill you in a matter of hours. Lack of water can kill you in a few days. While you can endure a lack of food for weeks if you have to. (Some of us, who have had the foresight to accumulate our own ‘emergency food stash’ around our waist, could last much longer than that!)

Depending on where you are, civil unrest and mob anarchy could deprive you of everything you’ve stocked in preparation.

My ideal homestead would be far from the nearest big city; and would include a water supply that wasn’t dependent on grid power. And of course, the means of defending me and those I love.

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish, that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast

Edited by - LittleBill on October 16 2018 8:03:49 PM
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.05seconds. Snitz Forums 2000