Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - The Perfect Handgun
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Pistol Palace
 The Perfect Handgun
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

rev.
Advanced Member

1011 Posts

Posted - May 08 2019 :  09:52:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Little Bill, this is interesting and amusing. Quoting Lucky Gunner;
"with FMJ ammo, there doesn't seem like there's much difference between a .380 and a .32" end quote.
I read an article that said when the Czech army adopted the CZ38 in .380, they said they didn't see much difference between one 9mm hole and another. Hey, just quoting, it is kind of funny.
rev.
Go to Top of Page

Bill D
Advanced Member

USA
1242 Posts

Posted - May 08 2019 :  12:54:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Little Bill thanks for the nice compare on the 32vs380. I like my .45, makes a bigger hole. Right now I'm having fun trying to get a Browning 1911/22 working right and playing with a Bersa CC 380 as a bug. What fun..Bill

Bill D
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

5558 Posts

Posted - May 08 2019 :  1:27:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

For some of us, tinkering is in our blood...

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish, that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast

Edited by - LittleBill on May 08 2019 1:28:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

rev.
Advanced Member

1011 Posts

Posted - May 08 2019 :  5:48:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, I just thought, according to Lucky Gunner and the Czech Republic, life would be much simpler if we all traded in our 9mm's and .32's in exchange for .380's.
rev.
Go to Top of Page

revjen45
Advanced Member

2337 Posts

Posted - May 19 2019 :  1:14:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I’d like to shoot one of those Steyrs someday. I do seem to like most things they make."
The new guns are not exactly the same, but you are likely to like the new ones too.
The trap sights are one of those love it or hate it things. I love them. My S9 has been my #1 EDC piece
since I bought it in '04. IMHO, a carry gun is one of those things that you have to trust and trust has to be earned.

Better to perish in the struggle for freedom than live to see defeat.

Edited by - revjen45 on May 19 2019 1:15:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

5558 Posts

Posted - May 19 2019 :  1:42:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those cute little NAA .22 magnum single-action revolvers that Ace likes so much, are my new ‘perfect’ handguns; for a whole slew of reasons:

They have the highest foot-pounds-of-energy-per-ounce ratio of any gun out there!

And the muzzle flash alone is enough to scare off all but the most determined assailants!

They’re definitely the most concealable guns you can find...

And I can easily carry 5 or 6 of them in each pocket.... talk about a New York reload on steroids: fire one till it’s empty, drop it, and grab out another...

With those minature powerhouses, I can carry more spare guns than most people carry spare rounds....

And while those .22 rounds might not stop a truly-determined attacker— at some point he won’t be able to resist glancing down
to count the rapidly-accumulating pile of empty guns at my feet..

at which point I can seize the opportunity to hightail it out of there....

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish, that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast

Edited by - LittleBill on May 19 2019 2:25:20 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.39seconds. Snitz Forums 2000