Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - 3.5" 27
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Wheelgun Chronicles
 3.5" 27
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Russ Larges

USA
2264 Posts

Posted - July 08 2018 :  8:59:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A friend is selling his collection of guns and such. He is no longer able to shoot. I went down to look over what he had and saw a very nice 3.5" 27, it is near mint with just a slight cylinder ring. One of the early ones with the rims set in the cylinder. It comes with a classic floral holster by hunter or bauer I can't remember which. Anyway it is a real sweet piece and at a very good price 700.00 I believe. I just do not have the money. I am still saving for a AR pistol. Had some other stuff too, a reblued colt in .32 long that would make a fun shooter. I did manage to get five brick of .22lr from him so the trip was not wasted.
Russ

The pistol, learn it well, carry it allways. Jeff Cooper

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5302 Posts

Posted - July 08 2018 :  11:45:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I spent several years saving up for a particular rifle, and ended up spending the savings on something else that I'd decide I just 'had to have'. Took a long time to get that rifle. Cudos for sticking to your gun.

Then again, a 3.5" model 27...... Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4957 Posts

Posted - July 09 2018 :  06:28:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From what Iíve seen on Gunbroker, $700 is a steal....

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish, that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast

Edited by - LittleBill on July 09 2018 06:28:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
5207 Posts

Posted - July 09 2018 :  09:31:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it were me, I'd jump on the M27. If you don't love it you can always turn it over for a nice profit and get the AR pistol. Or you may like it enough that something else you own becomes expendable. $700 is a steal. M27 price escalation indicates they are becoming the next Pythons. Drop by Gunbroker. There's a 3.5" nickel example with an opening bid price of $2000. "Classics that ain't classic" with the lock and doggy originals are the only things even close to the $700 price you've been offered. Most nice originals are about double that. And up.

That gun would be better than money in the bank. But lotsa luck convincing a wife about that.

Jeff

jle3030
Go to Top of Page

Russ Larges

USA
2264 Posts

Posted - July 09 2018 :  2:50:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If only I had the money....

Russ

The pistol, learn it well, carry it allways. Jeff Cooper
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4957 Posts

Posted - July 09 2018 :  3:36:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hereís a possibility: convince your friend to list it on Gunbroker.

Even paying a LGS to ship it to the buyer for him and giving GB their cut, he should end up with considerably more than $700.

Maybe heíll even decide to pay you a commission on the difference between the $700 he wants for the gun, and whatever he gets on Gunbroker....?

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish, that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast

Edited by - LittleBill on July 09 2018 3:38:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ten Driver
Advanced Member

1803 Posts

Posted - July 12 2018 :  02:12:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We all have our own likes and dislikes, but I know I couldn't pass up that 27 for an AR pistol!

Ask him to set it aside for you, and make payments on it.
Go to Top of Page

BatteryOaksBilly

USA
179 Posts

Posted - July 14 2018 :  5:12:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please, get the 27. the 3 1/2 and 5 inchers are white hot and have been for 5 or so years. You can get the AR anytime.

Billy Bruton..Carry every step..Shoot every day!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.11seconds. Snitz Forums 2000