Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Lehigh Defence solid copper .380
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Stopping Power
 Test Bed
 Lehigh Defence solid copper .380
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rev.

974 Posts

Posted - June 26 2018 :  7:18:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lehigh Defence solid copper .380 bullet is a 65 grain bullet claimed to leave a short barrel at 1,500 fps. I shot one from a G42 into my Ballistic Test Tube and it penetrated 7 3/4 inches. This is the equivalent of 15 1/2 inches of 10% gel. The four flutes on the bullet nose created a larger than usual "wound channel" in my test material than I usually get with regular hollow points.
This is my "carry ammo" when I carry a .380.
rev.
Correction....velocity should read 1,150fps. sorry.

Edited by - rev. on June 27 2018 08:10:23 AM

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5384 Posts

Posted - June 26 2018 :  9:49:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When the flutes open, are they sturdy enough to not break off in flesh? Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

rev.

974 Posts

Posted - June 27 2018 :  08:13:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flutes do not open, they direct body material out and away from the bullet's path. This is a solid bullet.
rev.
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5384 Posts

Posted - June 27 2018 :  10:00:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, I misremembered the brand. This is one of the new gimmick bullets that is supposed to replace the old tried'n'true versions. Thanks. It will be interesting to see how they work in real !ife, but I think I'll let somebody else do the testing. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

rev.

974 Posts

Posted - June 27 2018 :  11:11:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, we are in agreement. When compared to today's hollow points, Lehigh Defense bullets are a gimmick, But I'm guessing that faster, lighter, smaller hollow points were considered gimmicks during the day when bigger, fatter, heavier ball rounds ruled the roost. I'm with you also in being eager to see what the street results will be, but looking at gel tests where apples are compared with apples the results are impressive.
Respectfully,
rev.
Go to Top of Page

gauchobill
Advanced Member

1081 Posts

Posted - June 28 2018 :  06:37:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this the same technology as the Israeli Military Institutes new 115 grain 9mm product? Bought a few boxes to try out but haven't done so yet. The nose of these bullets has a cross-cut pattern. I hope to try them soon on soaked and packed newspaper.
Go to Top of Page

rev.

974 Posts

Posted - June 28 2018 :  09:21:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gauchobill......no, the nose of the Lehigh Defense in the .380 version looks like a Philips head screw driver with flutes that extend back to the case mouth. In the 9x19mm and up the flutes are not so extreme.
rev.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.06seconds. Snitz Forums 2000