Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Pakistani .30 M1 Rifle Ammo
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 The Rifle Rack
 Pakistani .30 M1 Rifle Ammo
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

CW2 Ralph Long
Average Member

USA
381 Posts

Posted - March 30 2018 :  8:26:19 PM  Show Profile  Click to see CW2 Ralph Long's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have some .30 Caliber Rifle Ammunition loaded in the Pakistani Arsenal in the mid-1960s. Does anyone know if they used non-corrosive priming in those days? I know the U.S. military changed over during the Korean War era, but have no idea when that happened in the rest of the world. The stuff is boxed in 8 round clips. So it was produced for use in the M-1.

“If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without bloodshed;
if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may
come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves.”

Winston Churchill

Uncle Mike
Advanced Member

USA
1652 Posts

Posted - March 30 2018 :  9:38:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, about 10 years ago there was some Pakistan M2 ball that came in cardboard boxes 2 Garand clips per box. It was from the 60's and marked "POF" for "Pakistan Ordnance Factories" . I read pros and cons. It was cheap but not as cheap as surplus GI M2 from the CMP. The only real way you will know if it's NC is buy testing it. It was sold by several dealers as NC but I don't know. Do a search of the CMP forum. I remember they didn't like it, regards, Mike

"The secret of happiness is freedom, and the secret of freedom, courage"...Thucyides

"War is sweet to those who do not know it."...Erasmus
Go to Top of Page

Jim Higginbotham

USA
9534 Posts

Posted - April 02 2018 :  10:11:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have read in several places, but have not verified, that *all* US made .30 Carbine was loaded with non-corrosive primers. That includes lots from 1940 (first year of ammo production in quantity) even though 30M2 and M1911 ammo was still loaded with corrosive up to about the Korean War.

I cannot say about foreign made ammo.

Jim

Get the Weaponcraft Journal on Amazon: Print or Kindle!
Go to Top of Page

gw
Advanced Member

4160 Posts

Posted - April 02 2018 :  11:49:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Higginbotham

I have read in several places, but have not verified, that *all* US made .30 Carbine was loaded with non-corrosive primers. That includes lots from 1940 (first year of ammo production in quantity) even though 30M2 and M1911 ammo was still loaded with corrosive up to about the Korean War.

I cannot say about foreign made ammo.

Jim

the French were "loaned" a bunch of carbines, they made corrosive ammo for them, South Koreans too I think.

I wouldn't trust any .30 M1 ammo made overseas in the 60s, I test it. ( The Chinese copied captured Garand ammo to include the headstamp and use of corrosive primer)

fire a couple rounds and drop the empty cases in water, after a couple days you'll know, clean your rifle while you wait.

foreign mfgs are not beyond telling you what you want hear, and load corrosive primers anyway....

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..."

Edited by - gw on April 02 2018 12:13:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

ironhead7544
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - April 04 2018 :  10:20:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is corrosive foreign M1 Carbine 30 cal ammo out there. I bought an M1 carbine cheap years ago as the barrel was ruined by neglected cleaning. I had a new barrel put on. The U.S. ammo is all non corrosive.
Go to Top of Page

Ten Driver
Advanced Member

1778 Posts

Posted - April 14 2018 :  01:46:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When the words "Pakistan" and "rifle" are used in the same sentence, it never winds up good.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.11seconds. Snitz Forums 2000