Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Long Brl for Mossberg
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 The Shotgun Center
 Long Brl for Mossberg
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pop Pop

USA
887 Posts

Posted - March 01 2018 :  08:20:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I gave my 20 ga Mossberg mdl 500 youth mdl to my grandson to rabbit, bird, and squirrel hunt with. It had the 18 1/2 brl. I ordered a 26" brl and 3 choke tubes for it yesterday. The brl was on sale for 175.00 and the choke tubes were 22.00 each.

His dad and he hunts on a friends farm around Mt Pleasant South Carolina. He has shot cotton tail, swamp rabbit, and squirrel with the gun so far. He loves to hunt and spend time with his dad.

I still remember going hunting, with my dad, around Mt Sterling and Camargo KY when we lived in the Blue Grass State. That is where I was born and lived until I took my senior trip(Vietnam in 67-68). Tet in 68 was lively. Still having many problems from my visit there.

My grandson Parker is a hunter at heart. He always want to shoot guns when he comes to visit. Really likes it and is a fair shot for a boy of 9. I started hunting myself when I was 8. I am glad his dad takes time to take him hunting and fishing. Those are memories he will remember for life. I know I sure have.

I could have added a few dollars to the cost, and purchased a new one, but he has a versatile gun that will last him for life. Just maybe they won't ban it, in his lifetime, however it holds 6 rounds without the plug. The shot gun was brand new except I did pattern it a couple of times with some different ammo. I used it for a house gun. Still got its big brother the 12 ga.

Pop Pop

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5297 Posts

Posted - March 01 2018 :  09:57:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to hear about hunting grandkids---er, maybe it should be 'grandkids that hunt'. Dunno when or if I'll be able to share that with mine, Mommy and Daddy are kinda snitty about guns. Just a couple weeks ago Mommy decided I'm not supposed to carry when the grandbaby is around. Afraid she'll throw a tantrum and try to get the gun from me, or something. We have yet to work that out.

Still got the 20ga Wingmaster and .22 Remington Model 12 Dad got for me when I was about nine. Rarely shoot them anymore, but when I do, the aroma of burnt powder is different from the others. Smells bring back a lot of memories. Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
If pro-gunners are as murderous as anti-gunners claim, why are there so many anti-gunners still running their mouths?
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop

USA
887 Posts

Posted - March 01 2018 :  12:08:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ace, I know what you mean. I still have a Stevens single shot 410 my dad purchased me for my 8th birthday. He took me with him to purchase it. It was a complete surprise as he dealt with the man and laid out a crisp 20.00 dollar bill for it and a box of # 6 shells. I thought long and hard about giving it to Parker, for his first gun, but could not part with it.

I inherited all of dads guns when he passed. He was a quail hunter and had a Rem mdl 1148 16 Ga improved cylinder that he purchased new in 1955, I believe. It is used. I hunted rabbits with it and have it in my safe now. Those things are special to me.

I have another grandson (13) who took his first doe this year with his bow. He is also a trap shooter and bow shooter and quite good at both. Tried out last week for the school trap team and hasn't shot one since last year. Shot 78 out of 100 score. He is also on the school archery team and shoots a score around 270 of a possible 300 most times. He won the state tournament, in TN, last year and went to the nationals and finished pretty high in the archery 13 year old age group in Indiana. We went with his dad and his family for the 3 day shoot. Traveled to Metropolis to see Superman and had a good time. Was not disappointed. The guy in the red, yellow, and blue suite was quiet large.

Grandkids are fun. We have 6 of them. First grandchild wants us to take him to Ardmore Oklahoma for the "Cowboy Way Festival" where the T V series "The Virginian" cast reunion will be held there, this year in May. The event is usually held at The Gene Autry Museum, but they are renovating the museum and it was moved to Ardmore. Hope to be able to do that after knee surgery next Monday, Mar 5th which will be the day after my 70 birthday.

Loving God, sweet wife, 4 daughters that love me, and 6 grandkids. I AM A TRULY BLESSED MAN!

Pop Pop

Edited by - Pop Pop on March 01 2018 12:15:20 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.06seconds. Snitz Forums 2000