Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Christmas Present, early
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Precision Battle Rifle
 Christmas Present, early
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Jim Higginbotham

USA
9431 Posts

Posted - December 06 2017 :  09:43:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I fell off the wagon, yet again

Bought a Mossberg MVP Patrol rifle in .308. I have plenty of .308s but I only have two, an FN Police model (which is big and heavy) and an AR-10 (which I find kinda "clunky") that are threaded for a suppressor.

So, I've been looking for one that is a little bit shorter and lighter and threaded for quite some time now.

I was aware of this rifle and in fact had purchased one in .223 when they first came out (but no having a suppressor at the time I did not get that one threaded).

I looked at several different bolt guns but I kept coming back to the Mossberg because it takes not only stock M-14 mags but also the AR-10 mags and I have plenty of both (actually my AR-10 will take M-14 mags if you modify them slightly (which does not preclude using them in the M-14 as well).

This one came with a 2-7 Vortex scope but I already have a good scope for it - a 1-6 which has an MOA graduated reticle. But I can use the 2-7 on other guns and it has the ballistic cross-hair which is sorta neat.

The scope that came on it, which I can use, retails for about $250 and I got the package brand new for $650 so all in all not a bad deal.

I may get to shoot it today or tomorrow but my suppressor adapter has not arrived yet - it is in transit.

Rifles UP!

Jim H.

Get the Weaponcraft Journal on Amazon: Print or Kindle!
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.22seconds. Snitz Forums 2000