StoppingPower.net Forums
Home
Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Happy Thanksgiving!
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other
 Miscellaneous
 Happy Thanksgiving!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ten Driver
Advanced Member

1683 Posts

Posted - November 23 2017 :  03:35:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Thanksgiving, all!

I've got a whole lot to be thankful for, including all the great friends here on the forum. God Bless all of you and your families on this special day.

Be safe,
Mike

Pop Pop

USA
682 Posts

Posted - November 23 2017 :  07:55:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got a house full of family. Will be traveling to my brother-in-law's(50 mi), which has been our family tradition for the past 15 years, then having another big dinner here at "Reed Manor"(Alabama nephew gave our home this name because we house many on holidays (16 today for breakfast) Friday dinner(24 guest). All our family (4 girls ad 6 grandchildren with 2 husbands) will be here except for 1 grandson from Fla-had to work tomorrow. Several wanted to shoot pistols, but my backstop had gone south. Bottom rotted out of it and all the sand tumbled to the ground. Spring project ahead. Going to build one out of dirt, and crossties next time.

Most will stay until Sunday. Great times this holiday season.

Wishing all of you a great holiday season. I know I really enjoy the friendship and fun with our family. got to start breakfast.

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
4989 Posts

Posted - November 23 2017 :  07:56:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
+1. Thanksgiving for the blessings of friends, family, and an overall happy life. Prayers for strength and courage to face the trials that will surely come.

Jeff

jle3030
Go to Top of Page

WR Moore

USA
852 Posts

Posted - November 23 2017 :  08:59:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Likewise on the best wishes and blessings.
Go to Top of Page

BatteryOaksBilly

USA
125 Posts

Posted - November 23 2017 :  09:15:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thankful for all of you this morning....and every other morning!

Billy Bruton..Carry every step..Shoot every day!
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Advanced Member

USA
5045 Posts

Posted - November 23 2017 :  09:48:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And to all.
Pop, I'd like to be a fly on the wall at your house on Christmas, it has to be fun.

Got a good one planned this year, a morning of range time with the little nephew, double-checking deer rifles, then dinner, the 'usual' turkey'n'trimmin's with whatever wild game the brother throws in. Time with the grandbaby, then head home. Yee-haw! Ace

Give me $1 every time a Liberal lies, I'll give you $5 every time one tells the truth; I'll end up a wealthy man, you'll end up broke.
Go to Top of Page

LfiGrad

USA
66 Posts

Posted - November 23 2017 :  11:13:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I'm looking forward to 4pm when the turkey will be done and I will stuff myself like a pig. Then I will eat a little more. By about 6pm I will be stuffed and stretched out on the couch, watching TV, unable to move. Thank heaven for remote control.

I am truly thankful everyday for my blessings. I made it to retirement in relative good health, living where I always wanted to live, and I try to have fun everyday.

Thank you God.

If my only choice was a loaded .25 or an unloaded .45, I would choose the empty .45. They both have the same stopping power, but the empty 1911 looks a lot more convincing and makes a better club.
Go to Top of Page

Charlie Foxtrot

204 Posts

Posted - November 23 2017 :  12:35:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Thanksgiving!
Go to Top of Page

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4364 Posts

Posted - November 23 2017 :  12:53:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
+ 1 to all of the above...

.... not least among the many things I’m thankful for, is this ‘place’, and all y’all....

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast

Edited by - LittleBill on November 23 2017 12:56:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

oldmuleskinner

795 Posts

Posted - November 23 2017 :  1:23:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Thanksgiving to each of you.

We have the turkey in the smoker and all that I have left to do is fix the giblet gravy and candied yams.

We will have all the kids and most of the grands today, plus a couple of friends...35 in total!

There might be many problems around us, but we all have much to be thankful for.

Each of us is an innkeeper, and we decide if there is room for Jesus.
Neal A. Maxwell
Go to Top of Page

wolfgang2000
Advanced Member

USA
3742 Posts

Posted - November 23 2017 :  8:24:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Thanksing to all

“The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall
Go to Top of Page

retfed89
Advanced Member

USA
1638 Posts

Posted - November 23 2017 :  10:52:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope all had a very nice enjoyable Thanksgiving. The wife and I went to brother and sister in laws for our turkey. As usual I talked too much! Christmas they will have ham at our house. Kids are all between 4 & 8+ hours south and north of us, even have two oldest grandsons in Texas! At 80 do not travel as well as I used to. I am thankful for my family, patient wife , this site and the good people on it. I am thankful to be an American and for all the blessings God has given me. May God bless you and yours and our Republic! Retfed

Edited by - retfed89 on November 23 2017 10:54:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

bandaidman
Advanced Member

USA
1309 Posts

Posted - November 23 2017 :  11:29:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is the third time I have tried to write a note, we had 3 of daughters and their families. We truly have had a wonderful day many grateful day. I've tried to write something about all things, but I am being called to play yet another game

“If for a while the harder you try, the harder it gets, take heart. So it has been with the best people who ever lived.
Jeffery Holland
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop

USA
682 Posts

Posted - November 24 2017 :  08:19:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had a blast at Br-in-law's house yesterday. He had 45 people and we stayed 6 hours then drove home. Having several for our traditional belated Thanksgiving dinner this afternoon. Have picked up a few more for the party.

Get this guys, my soon to be 9 y o "tomorrow" grandson, just popped in the "man cave" and said I want to go to Bass Pro. Now this kid is after my heart! Huge black Friday sale at Nashville Bass Pro today. Will sneak off, if I can, or may just go on Saturday.

Having a great time, ACE. Fourteen for breakfast this morning. You guys have a great Black Friday. Ready for another day of good times with our family. God is good. Six y o baby girl just enter the man cave. Great neck squeezing hug. Gotta go.

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page

jle3030
Advanced Member

USA
4989 Posts

Posted - November 24 2017 :  08:59:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bandaidman

This is the third time I have tried to write a note, we had 3 of daughters and their families. We truly have had a wonderful day many grateful day. I've tried to write something about all things, but I am being called to play yet another game

Aahh, another thing to be thankful for. The family gathering has grown to the point where the games have become too cumbersome to manage.

Jeff

jle3030
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.27seconds. Snitz Forums 2000