Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - The Vism by NcStar First Responder bag
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 The Shotgun Center
 The Vism by NcStar First Responder bag
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wolfgang2000
Advanced Member

USA
3742 Posts

Posted - November 18 2017 :  4:29:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was digging through my container of bags, and came across this NcStar "First Responder" bag that I forgot I had. This bag measures approximately 8" wide, 12" tall, and 5'deep. On the outside there are 3 zipper closed pockets. One on the top flap 4 1/2" by 6 1/2", one on the bottom of the bag 6 1/2" by 3". There is a 6" by 6" pocket on the very front. This pocket has molle webbing as well as the sides. This bag came with 2 single pistol magazine pouches, as well as a single 5.56 pouch. All 3 of these items have molle webbing. I left the pistol mag pouches. Since I was setting this up for a shotgun, I replaced the AR mag pouches with a water bottle pouch. On the back there is a pocket the is both Velcro and snap closed. It's approximately the same size as the bag. There is 2 strips of Velcro on the top flap.

On the inside there is on cavity the size of the bag. There are two dividers inside the main compartment. One front, one back. The front divider has 2 mesh pockets sewed to it.

This bag can be used for rifle as well as shotgun. Heck, my wife had me order one for her to use as a purse.

I'm setting this one up for the shotgun. since none of us were made by a Cooke cutter, we all have to make up our own minds on what's important enough to carry. I'm trying to keep just necessary items that will keep the weapon and the shooter going.

Instead of a full IFAK, I'm carrying a Israel bandage a tourniquet, and a few "Bo Bo" items.

The only item I'm in a quandary about is the full size cleaning kit, or not. I've had the miss fortune to have two failure to feeds when using someone else shotgun. It took a solid cleaning rod to punch out the defective round.

Most of the bag will hold ammo. I put the Velcro on the shoulder strap, and I'm using the different color card for different ammo.

I call this my fighting bag. For $25.00 from Amazon Prime You will be hard pressed to find better built bag.

“The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4377 Posts

Posted - November 18 2017 :  5:46:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the tip, it does look like a lot of bag for the money.

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.12seconds. Snitz Forums 2000