Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums - Delton ARs
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shooting
 Precision Battle Rifle
 Delton ARs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

coopman67
Starting Member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - November 17 2017 :  05:54:31 AM  Show Profile  Click to see coopman67's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Howdy all,

Just bought a Delton AR with B5 furniture on it and wondered if anybody else has one or shot one and their opinion. I got it on sale at CDNN sports. I am going to use it mainly for Oklahoma pig hunting so I got a ATN IR X sight coming today. I have 3 rounds thru it and it does group good. Going to get a red dot also and help my cousin who farms down there do some helicopter control first of next year. Run it wet.

Coop

LittleBill
Advanced Member

4372 Posts

Posted - November 17 2017 :  08:05:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please keep us informed on how it runs....

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point"--- C.S. Lewis

"There are some ideas so foolish that only an intellectual could believe them"--- George Orwell

Slow Is Smooth, Smooth Is Fast
Go to Top of Page

djwarner

USA
234 Posts

Posted - November 17 2017 :  09:03:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought one of their gun kits (sans lower receiver, magazine and rear sight) Rural King Guns. Delivery was delayed by Irma, but when I got it, I was delighted with the quality. Included hard chrome plating and 100% mil spec parts made in the US.

The last time I had handled an AR15 was 50 years ago in Air Force basic training. It was an authentic Stoner rifle that Curtis Lemay bought for his SAC trained killers. With introduction of the M16, the brass insisted he retire the AR15 to training purposes.

The Del-ton gun kit came with an assembled upper that had the head space checked and test fired and 5.56 capable. YouTube had plenty of videos on how to complete the build. All in all, it was an interesting and enjoyable experience. Everything fit and functioned flawlessly.

Range day proved just as successful. Even the Rangemaster was amazed at the groups my 70 year old eyes achieved with iron sights.
Would not hesitate to recommend Del-ton

NON NOBIS TANTUM NATI
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Administrator

34115 Posts

Posted - November 17 2017 :  3:08:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are on Farnam's recommended AR list. I have a DSA M4 with Primary Arms red dot and it's proven to be Evan Proof!

"The greatest thing a Father can do for his children is to love their Mother."

Harold B. Lee

Go to Top of Page

coopman67
Starting Member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - November 18 2017 :  05:50:50 AM  Show Profile  Click to see coopman67's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Part of my decision to buy this rifle was the mil spec parts and their warranty they offered for it. I only have 3 test rounds thru it and they were all dead center and covered by my big thumb. I have a couple of Federal 55gr fmj cans and am going to break it in on Thanksgiving day after the turkey dinner is enjoyed. My 2 sons are chomping at the bit to shoot. Will have a range report next weekend.

Thanks guys for your replies

Coop
Go to Top of Page

Pop Pop

USA
685 Posts

Posted - November 18 2017 :  08:06:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have never pulled the ring on an AR 15. Just did not like them, while in the military and still don't. Rather have a 243 which is not a fighting rifle, but I believe a much better caliber. I will say they (AR's)sure are comfortable to carry all day, but I don't do that anymore. Don't expect I ever will again.

I did purchase a Ruger Mini 14, and have it loaded, with 4, 20 round mags, in my safe. Ace, each mag is 1 round short. I do that for IMO, better more reliable feeding. Learned that in Vietnam. I guess we are just odd birds, Ace.

I do have a 308 Ruger Mini on my bucket list, but it is way down on the bottom. At this point, I am thinning my collection by giving them to my family members. Going to give all my offspring at least one(even the gills).

Enjoy Coop.... I really like new tools. Gets juices flowing, even in old men.

Pop Pop
Go to Top of Page

Ten Driver
Advanced Member

1683 Posts

Posted - November 18 2017 :  7:59:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Del Tons have been unremarkable in my experience. Nothing to worry about. A great choice for a basic AR. Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

coopman67
Starting Member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - November 19 2017 :  04:34:29 AM  Show Profile  Click to see coopman67's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Im kinda ol school myself, Pop Pop. I like a good revolver and good wood and blue steel catch my eye. Shot my Dad's issue mini as a kid and always had my out for a deal but that AR was in my budget and will spell the end for Oklahoma pigs. I named her Arlene, because the wife was making fun of me and my other "woman".
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.16seconds. Snitz Forums 2000